For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
The Open Innovation Department of L’Oréal Research and Innovation is responsible to scout, breakthrough discoveries, materials, technologies, and products building a long-term partnership with external partners.
At the APAC level, China is a key market and a growing scientific and technological powerhouse where L’Oréal aims to develop as a leader in Innovation. In order to accelerate L’Oréal R&I engagement of the Deep Tech Chinese ecosystem, we are seeking a candidate for a Technology Scouting position based in Pudong, Shanghai.
- Identify disruptive and emerging opportunities in China relevant to L’Oréal challenges and business and will be responsible for the precise analysis, benchmarking, and technical positioning of these opportunities.
- Identify, analyze, classify and segment emerging targets (opportunities) from the China Tech ecosystems in alignment with L’Oréal strategic needs and fit.
- Drive internal technical assessment of Opportunities through the decision process.
- Prioritizes and synthesizes technical information about opportunities. - When required, prepare and initiate contact with partners to strengthen the technical dossier. - Clearly articulate value proposition including conceptual positioning, technology benchmarking, and IP landscape.
- Work with Business Development team to consolidate overall assessment and value proposition of selected opportunity.
- Manage further technical engagement with selected partners.
- Contribute to Open Innovation Strategy in China.
- Work together with local, regional, and global Scout, Watch and Business Development teams to continuously improve Open Innovation ways of working.
- Sound scientific knowledge and ability to gauge a broad range of technological and scientific fields, ideally in a Beauty and/or Consumer products setting.
- MSc/PhD in chemical, material science, life sciences and etc.
- Strong communication, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Team Player, works well both independently and with teams, with demonstrated project management and leadership skills to manage transversal projects and producing high quality assessments of scientific concepts.
- Self-Starter and dependable.