As the Communications Intern for R&I, you will assist with the development and implementation of internal communication strategies that educate, engage, and inspire employees and internal stakeholders around R&I's vision and business priorities.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a global organization, while supporting local teams and corporate initiatives. A keen interest in consumer products, science, and innovation will help the right candidate succeed in this role.
- Support initiatives to improve communication effectiveness by researching industry trends, identifying new strategies for message delivery, and collecting and analyzing data to help correlate how internal communications programs impact employee productivity and organizational performance.
- Assist in managing the editorial strategy and content for our R&I US intranet and liaise with key stakeholders across L’Oreal and R&I to ensure we are providing employees and internal stakeholders with the most relevant information, and taking a holistic approach across internal and social media content.
- Assist Discovery tours, Brand Engagement (media tours, etc.). You will create, write, edit, post and design content for our internal websites, infographics, presentations, videos, social media platforms, all employee meetings and more.
- Assist with the planning and execution of employee events.
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing organization-wide communications and newsletters
- Assist in creating and managing digital signage content
- Recently completed or working toward a college degree in English, Journalism, Communications or other related field
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Ability to manage deadlines and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing events like town halls and webcasts
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Passion/interest for digital, tech, innovation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.