Within our Open Innovation Department, the Business Development team is responsible for developing external innovation strategies and negotiating relevant partnerships (e.g., Start-ups / Companies / Universities / Research Centers), to provide access to disruptive innovations for our Research & Innovation.
As a Scientific Partnership Officer, you will support the Business Development Team to ensure the transformation of strategic initiatives with our external partners into business opportunities.
You evaluate opportunities with other colleagues in Open Innovation Department, ensure the quality of the relationship with our external partners in a well-balanced "technical/business" equilibrium.
This exciting position will give you also the opportunity to improve our connection with external partners through events such as Hackathons, mentoring events…
Type of contract : permanent contract
Location : Saint-Ouen, Ile de France
- Work closely with Research Laboratories on identifying potential needs and supporting transformation of external technologies into business opportunities.
- Work with the sourcing/mapping teams and experts who are in charge of identifying external actors capable of responding to our R&D technological challenges.
- Provide support to the deal team lead by the Senior Business Developer who will conduct the negotiation of the proper business model and appropriate agreement structure.
- Prepare and review deal contracts and terms with the dedicated deal team (type of agreement, work plan, deliverable, milestones)
- Accompany teams in partnership commitment decision making: prepare support documents for the steering committees and/or relative decision bodies, and be the preferred point of contact with external partners
- Lead the implementation and whole cycle of Open Innovation events. You coordinate the challenge from the creation of the concept to the closing and follow up of the event.
You have :
- Scientific background with a Master’s degree or PhD, preferably in digital, chemistry or physic, + a MBA / Master in innovation management.
- First experience through an internship or apprenticeship in an international environment in R&D or start-up, ideally in technology transfer (licensing in/out, R&D agreement) or incubator.
- Knowledge in intellectual property, finance and legal is nice to have.
You are :
- Curious notably on the new trends in Open Innovation initiatives
- Enthusiastic, passionate, eager to learn and test new way of working
- Creative and force of proposal
- Analytical with excellent communication and negotiation skills in an innovating setting.
- A team player, with great social and emotional skills and has demonstrated project management and leadership skills to coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Fluent in English (French is an asset).