The L’Oréal USA R&I STEM Diversity Internship aspires to develop a unique community of diverse STEM students and provide them with access, education, and mentorship within the business world through a semester-long, professional development based program. At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern/co-op, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
We seek to foster a group of diverse students who are eager to gain industry experience and could be the future leaders of Research & Innovation. The L’Oréal R&I Diversity STEM Program is a paid, Fall and Spring semester experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team, while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world. We are committed to giving our interns/co-ops the space to explore, have full-time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and become future leaders. At the end of the assignment, you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered to return for other opportunities at L'Oreal USA.
Applications for the L’Oréal USA R&I Diversity STEM Program are now open for the Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 semesters. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon.
What You’ll Do:
- Become immersed in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment disrupting conventional wisdom on how our consumers buy our products
- Gain industry experience working in a laboratory environment
- Work on creative and resourceful solutions to issues that arise with product development, product performance and product innovation
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth of individual project
- Gain exposure of trends in the beauty market, as well as in the literature/research field
- Fully own an individual project with strategic business impact that you will present to senior management
Who You Are:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any of the following majors or related fields of study with an expected graduation between May 2023 – May 2025
- Chemistry (Physical, Polymer, or Organic)
- Engineering (Chemical, Biomedical, Material Science)
- Biological Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Data Science
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Able to work out of our Research & Innovation offices in Clark, NJ
- Stand Out Qualifications:
- Available to work the entirety of the Fall or Spring semester
- Must be able to work for 25 hours or more a week and be available to work during the day on week days
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Research through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Skills Key to Success in R&I:
- Interested in working within a laboratory environment
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in order to present out key research findings
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and display a sense of urgency and initiative, while balancing creativity and flexibility
- This is a paid internship opportunity
- Assignment requires 25+ hours/per week
- You will be placed onto an R&I team
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
Diversity & Inclusion at L’Oreal USA:
At L’Oréal USA, we work to foster workplaces where all people of every ethnicity, social background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability are welcomed and feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe that diversity + inclusion = innovation & success. That, in an atmosphere where everyone can thrive and grow, our business will do the same globally. As an organization, we strive to ensure gender equality on every level, to include more people with disabilities on our teams and to empower people of every ethnic and social background.
Being a member of the L’Oréal R&I Diversity STEM Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one, because, in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 35 international brands – CeraVe, Kiehl’s, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things.
Freedom to go beyond, that’s the beauty of L’Oréal - Are you ready?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.