For L'Oréal, beauty is above all a scientific adventure…
This conviction is reflected in the central role of its Research & Innovation (R&I), which deploys its teams around the world to imagine and create the products of tomorrow. The Research and Innovation teams, whose number has increased eight-fold in 20 years, constantly strive to be at the forefront of scientific advances, working in collaboration with the world's leading experts in each field. The results of their work are subject each year to several hundred patent applications and give rise to thousands of formulas. Research and Innovation is today more than 3,800 researchers in thirty disciplines, from basic to applied research, through product development.
What we'll do together:
As a Senior Microbiologist II, you will coordinate activities of the laboratory staff, review results, reports and sample submissions to enable efficient and safe laboratory operations. As a hands-on scientist, you'll perform microbiological testing of formulations during the product conception and development stage.
What your day will look like:
- With input from the laboratory manager, you'll set and adjust priorities based on current needs.
- You'll effectively communicate any issues/changes to manager on a timely basis, while offering alternative solutions.
- You'll review generated data and Challenge test reports for completeness and accuracy prior release.
- You'll coordinate testing and help review results from external contract labs.
- As needed, you'll perform microbiological testing of formulations during the product conception and development phases.
- You'll analyze and review work flows to ensure improvements in efficiency while maintaining quality of work and safe laboratory environment.
- You'll assure use of the current, internal test methodologies.
- You'll assist in organization of the innovation projects.
- You'll mentor, advise and train junior staff.
What you'll need:
- BS in biology or related scientific field with 5-11 yrs. experience in cosmetics; Masters with 2-8 yrs. experience in relevant scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work well with teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in cosmetic research and development
- Solid understanding of GMP and cosmetic GMP
- Familiarity in compendia and other relevant methods including: USP, PCPC guidelines, AOAC Official Methods of Analysis, and ASTM methods
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.