Job Title: Regional Education Director
Location: position can be based in: Orlando, FL, Frt. Lauderdale, FL, Miami, FL OR Atlanta, GA
MUST be cosmetology licensed
The Regional Education Director (RED) is responsible for the strategic planning of all Kérastase/Shu Uemura education and experiences ensuring that activities are aligned with brand priorities in their defined market. The RED accomplishes these goals and objectives through the development and ongoing execution of regional plans. The RED is responsible for developing and implementing education activities for both the core salon business as well as new channels of distribution further supporting the brands. The RED serves as the technical expert and resource for the salons, educators and field sales team ensuring the adherence to education standards while aligning corporate initiatives.
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus.
- Current licensed cosmetologist with min. 5 years industry experience
- Superior sales and communication skills
- Ability to analyze client business objectives and propose a solution that benefits both the brand and the client
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of training a direct sales force
- An understanding of omni channel distribution to further the growth of the brand
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills to produce and model effective classes, programs, events and meetings.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills to motivate freelance educators and direct sales team.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Display in all aspects of the position flexibility (openness to change), self-initiated career management (accountability for learning / acquiring skills needed to excel), embrace and believe in all elements of the Kérastase/Shu Uemura vision, values and objectives.
- Proactively manage time, taking into consideration both business and personal calendar responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must live in designated geographical territory
- Ability to travel extensively (minimum 50%)
- Ability to adapt to change and be a team player
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the Kérastase/Shu Uemura Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of Kérastase/Shu Uemura Education and Training.
- Participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings and Sales meetings.
- Supports Kérastase/Shu Uemura events, special accounts as directed.
- Upholds Kérastase/Shu Uemura policies and procedures for all working relationships with salons.
- Attends and participates in all Kérastase/Shu Uemura Artist Trainings.
- Maintains technical competence under Kérastase/Shu Uemura standards.
- Attends divisional meetings and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain the Kérastase/Shu Uemura Image as defined by the NYO.
Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires intermittent supervision as employee will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our salon partners, select distribution accounts and educators.
Essential Physical Requirements
Extensive travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds which may also require bending.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
- DIVISIONAL EDUCATION MANAGEMENT:
Achieve, exceed annual education objectives and key strategic metrics and management of individual and team Fuel, and T&E budget
EDUCATION MANAGEMENT OF EXISTING BUSINESS:
- Lead the discussions, planning and execution of the education and experience plans for Top 25 salons to drive sales and increase in salon market share and loyalty.
- Regular meetings with Top 25 Salon Customers and key market influencers in collaboration with Director of Sales to align on joint priorities and reinforce education support to drive results.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and ROI of education classes, seminars, shows, workshops and events.
- Strategic planning with BDMs of National education initiatives e.g Ambassador program, TECH sessions, Summit programs.
- Strategic planning consultation with BDMs on learning programs for salons and stylists to help increase market share and growth for both the salon and the brand.
- Plan and initiate the annual Education calendar, based on feedback from Kérastase/Shu Uemura AVP of Education.
- Plan annual territory education calendar, based on feedback from BDMs and Director of Sales to maximize on brand priorities and education strategy.
- Targeted contribution as the technical liaison at quarterly regional sales meetings training and developing the sales team.
- Expand Kérastase/Shu Uemura Culture education reach through social media and education events.
- Lead new Launch webinar programs to maximize reach.
NEW BUSINESS EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT:
- Orchestrate collaboration with Director New Business, VP of Sales, AVP Education, to determine the appropriate education strategy to achieve conversion in the most productive manner for new salon partnerships.
- Implement and execute education plan, both technical and business programs for new partnership conversions for potential golden square partnerships.
- Participate in New Partnership Events as the education lead of the event and/or managing the event logistic as well as the artist support as needed.
- ARTIST MANAGEMENT / DEVELOPMENT
MANAGEMENT OF ARTISTS:
- Evaluate technical skills, presentation skills and product knowledge against benchmarks and standards established by the NYO.
- Assess individual training opportunities of individual Artists to ensure consistency in high levels of support and service to our customers and clients.
- Provide coaching and feedback during quarterly development plan calls with Level 1, 2, 3 Artists.
- Facilitate regular status calls with each team member as well as in person development & training.
- Coach and develop Artists on social media usage to drive business
- Ensure Artists compliance with company policies and procedures as well as adherence to submitting for payment in a timely manner.
- Provide support to new artists during auditions for.
- Create and maintain in conjunction with the Director of Sales and BDMs an annual rolling territory plan.
- Monthly education status commentary for territory.
- Artist contracting, expense review and approval.
- Monthly budget review and analysis.
- Monthly education activity review and ROI analysis.
- T&E submitted in a timely manner as per policy.
- Territory education .
1. Sensitivity to Metier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Manages Complexity
4. Achieves Results, with Integrity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.