General Job Description:
The primary goal of the Redken Educator is to increase sales by influencing and developing the skills of salon professionals through Redken educational programs. The Redken Educator is responsible for the preparation and execution of all Redken Classes and Product Knowledge Programs where applicable. The Redken Educator will work under the direction of the Director of Training (DOT) to ensure their activities meet the needs of our salon customer base.
The Redken Educator will utilize the following as an outline for workload activities:
- 7 classes per week, including but not limited to: In Salon Classes, In Store Support, Sales Meeting Support (7 classes per week x 45 weeks= 315 education days per year)
- Support a minimum of 150 accounts
- At the direction of the DFE, the RE will focus on accounts that purchase between $2.5K-$10K (12 MR Sales) and work within their zip “clusters” – not to exceed 150 mile radius
A Class is defined as a pre-booked Class entered into Sales Force by the Redken Educator, SSC or Saloncentric Education Team.
Redken Educator Class Menu
The Redken Educator will have the skillset to perform both Demonstration and Workshop Classes from the Menu listed below. The type of class (Demo / Hands-In / Hands-On) is dependent on the Skill Evaluation of each Redken Educator.
- Demonstration = Tier 1
- Hands-In / Workshop = Tier 2
The Director of Training will determine which classes each RE are qualified to facilitate based on the training and development.
Redken Educator Class Menu
PRINCIPLES OF HAIRCOLOR
PRINCIPLES OF SCIENCE
PRINCIPLES OF CONSULTATION
PRINCIPLES OF BLONDING
HAIRCOLOR OBSESSED / ALL BRANDS
BLONDE IDOL OBSESSED
REDKEN HAIRCARE OBSESSED
REDKEN COLOR BASH
REDKEN STYLING BASH
PRODUCT PORTFOLIO / PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
HAIRCOLOR TREND CLASSES
PRINCIPLES OF BALAYAGE
BLOW DRY REVOLUTION
- Please find all trainers guides / agendas on the PPD Artist Communities Library
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the Redken Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of Redken Principle Based Education and Training.
- Participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings and Sales meetings.
- Facilitation of Redken Programs in designated territory.
- Facilitates in-salon classes, store programs and DSC trainings.
- Supports Redken events, special accounts and shows as directed.
- Upholds Redken policies and procedures for all working relationships with salons.
- Attends and participates in all Redken Artist Trainings.
- Maintains technical competence under Redken standards.
- Attends divisional meetings and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain the Redken Image as defined by the NYO.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Cosmetology License required
- Ability to achieve Tier 2 Status / Workshop within 2 years of hire date
- Proven technical hairdressing, facilitation and presentation skills
- Exceptional oral communication skills
- Exceptional follow through on projects and commitments
- Professional attitude and fashionable image
- Ability to travel and work weekends
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- SalesForce.com experience strongly preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to be flexible, accept change and be a team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.