Job Title: Assistant Manager, Human Resources
Supervisor Title: Director, Human Resources
Location: Valencia, CA
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The SalonCentric Human Resources Assistant Manager, will work closely with the HR Director and District Managers in implementing the regional strategy. The Assistant Manager will work to attract, recruit, and develop talent and assist in managing the employee culture and employee systems within their assigned region to align with the overall business strategy.
- Partner with Human Resources Manager/Director to provide counsel, feedback and coaching to field leadership on broad ranging issues including business operations, process and all associate related actions that enhance the individual growth and performance of respective region(s).
- Participate in business leadership meetings as needed to assist in determining associate impact.
Staffing, Development & Succession Planning
- Assist with recruitment strategy within the assigned region(s) and selection and onboarding activities.
- Partner with Human Resources Manager/Director to provide consultation and support to field management on talent matters, sourcing needs and strategic placement of talent.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure successful on-boarding for new hires.
- Process all employee transactions to include, new hire paperwork, job requisitions, status changes and terminations, etc.
- Manages payroll process (spiffs, bonuses, adjustments) timely and with excellence.
- Maintains all personnel files for the assigned region(s).
- Processes EEOC, Unemployment insurance, Leave Of Absence and Worker’s Compensation claims with appropriate partnership (i.e legal, HR Manager, Director of Human Resources and Employment Service Center Representative).
- Participates in talent reviews and success planning processes
- Provide advice and recommendations in all areas of Human Resources related programs, policies, issues and laws.
- Provide coaching and counseling to management and staff
- Conduct and document investigations pertaining to unemployment, harassment, discrimination, etc in accordance with company guidelines as well as directives by company legal department and Human Resources Manager.
- Coach field management through conflict management/resolution, discipline/corrective action, policy and procedures and labor law compliance when appropriate or in the absence of HR Manager.
- Assist HR Manager and/or Director of Human Resources with any matters dealing with compliance or state and federal law changes.
- Participates in annual salary planning and performance management process
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum 2-4 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity dealing with business and Human Resources issues (employee relations, coaching/counseling, change management, recruitment etc.) Multi-unit, multi-state experience preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including, Wage and Hour, LOA’s, EEO, ADA, workers compensation and others.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends as necessary to attend and participate in meetings and events
- Strong communication skills and commitment to service and quality
- Flexible and adaptable to constantly changing business requirements
- Strong computer proficiency: Experience with human resource information systems required
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a variety of creative sourcing strategies and techniques such as online, web based and social media methods
- Ability to drive and support change initiatives
- Influential, Knowledgeable and Innovative
- Confidentiality essential
- Able to sit for more than 80% of work day
- Able to use computer and various office equipment for the majority of the work day
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time or as needed within assigned region