JOB TITLE: Retail District Manager – Massachusetts
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
GIVE YOUR CAREER THE ULTIMATE MAKEOVER!!!
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the hair industry?
Do you want to be the first to learn about the hottest new products?
Do you want to work for the industry’s premier distribution company?
Then join the SalonCentric Team!
Take your energy, sense of style and retail sales experience to SalonCentric! SalonCentric, a wholly owned subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is a leading and rapidly growing wholesale distributor of premium and exclusive brands in the salon and beauty industry.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Store District Manager position for the Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont area. With stores located in the following: Natick, Woburn, Danvers, Malden, Dedham, Williston, Rutland, Nashua, Salem, Hooksett, Keene, Lebanon, Newington, Portland, Auburn, Brewer and Augusta.
The District Manager is responsible for maximizing sales and achieving company business objectives within the district. Attract, hire, retain, develop and motivate a team of Store Managers and Associates to consistently achieve excellence in selling, customer service, merchandising and operations.
- Monitor and analyze business trends across all stores within district; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals within district for all Key Performance Indicators including sales, payroll, and expense control and store contribution.
- Ensure company selling and customer service standards are upheld consistently across all stores in the district through effective coaching and training of Store Managers and staff.
- Recruit, hire, retain and develop a team of Store Managers and Associates that achieves excellence in all areas of measured performance to meet or exceed company business objectives; drive business through effective scheduling and payroll management.
- Coach store teams to develop and maintain operational best practices in the areas of stock flow, floor presentation, asset protection, facilities maintenance, and merchandise functions (price changes, transfers, damages, etc.).
- Ensure protection of company assets by meeting or exceeding established shrinkage goals within the district.
- Direct, train and supervise store teams in implementing and maintaining the highest level of presentation and visual standards consistent with the SalonCentric brand.
- Develop a hands-on supervision environment that emphasizes sales floor management, customer service and sales generation.
- Ensure consistent execution of pricing, merchandising and marketing strategies in each store within the district.
- Actively and accurately communicate selling and inventory trends within district to Regional management and corporate business partners.
- Attend and participate in sales and management training meetings and events as directed by management.
This job summary is provided as an overview of your job responsibilities. It is obviously not possible to document every detail of a job. We reserve the right to modify, rescind or revise this job summary from time to time, as we deem necessary.
- 5 to 7 years of retail management experience, with at least 3 to 5 years managing multiple freestanding store locations with broad geographic scope
- Demonstrated success in achieving selling and operational excellence by hiring, leading, motivating and developing effective Store Managers and Associates
- Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners
- Strong merchandising skills and proven leader in designing and implementation of traffic driving initiatives
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the business landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) required
- Ability to travel 60-80% based on business needs
SalonCentric offers a competitive compensation structure. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, employee purchase program and matched 401k.
Can you help us reach a new level? APPLY TODAY!
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws