The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal
is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands
have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a
mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around
the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to
win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the
cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and
desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity
and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our
emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in
beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in
What are key highlights of this role?
Reporting into the UK Property Director you will drive the strategic
implementation of the UK retail property network for The Body Shop and L’Oréal
UK, working in tandem with our Leadership teams, HR, Finance, Operations,
Purchasing, Brand and Brand teams. You will be accountable for delivering part
of the real estate strategic plan for the existing store network for The Body
Shop and L’Oréal UK, as well as, driving value and cost reduction, enhancing
profitability and business continuity for the stores network.
As part of your role you will also work on developing front-end strategy
and execution, be accountable for developing and ensuring budgets are created
and expenditure met. In addition you will a implement the transition to a
comprehensive outsourced occupier management service for L’Oréal UK.
You will play a key role in driving the business towards a more a more
profitable future proof retail network, whilst building and developing a strong
relationship across The Body Shop and L’Oréal UK retail brands.
- Strategic implementation and management of the existing L’Oréal UK Real
Estate network, its strategy and all daily operations whilst ensuring business
- Accountable for the UK L’Oréal Real Estate existing store network cost
base, minimising costs whilst meeting business objectives, maximising ROI
within the constraints of other department requirements
- Developing the strategic real estate direction to achieve maximised
sales and profit by managing costs and tactics.
- Sharing best practice across L’Oréal and The Body Shop. Looking for ways
to innovate, improve processes, minimise risk to cost exposure and leverage
brand position to maximise influence
- Responsible for payment approval and payment processing mechanisms in
line with business processes for L’Oréal UK and The Body Shop.
- Play a supporting role in the team of the UK to help shape and grow the
business and demonstrate strategic leadership at all times, whilst engendering
a great team spirit and an effective working culture
- Chartered Surveyor with 3-5 years’ post qualification experience
- Key Contact base
- Previous experience of developing and implementing strategy
- Evaluation and financial modelling
- Driving costs down and improving profitability
- Experienced within a fast paced, complex, analytically driven
environment dealing with multiple issues concurrently
- Strong experience of working in a widely distributed team
- Coaching and developing a team in terms of their succession and talent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
What we look for:
- The successful candidate will have solid knowledge of the Real Estate industry as well as property and commercial law.
- Show us that you already meet our competencies, and you could be exactly who we need.
- You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them.
Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards.
You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
- You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what
has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to
succeed in a flexible, high octane company.
- You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep
up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in
flexibility as a way of life.
- You are a real leader, creating a compelling vision and then
communicating it with style and charisma. You’ve always been comfortable
defending a point of view. You’ll thrive on the challenges that an
international environment brings.
- You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true
sensitivity to our products & our market.
- Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic
quality, detail and quality skincare.
Achieves results with integrity
Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
Displays sensitivity to the métier
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts
and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most
passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty
company in the world.