The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opening in the function of Sales for the position of Area Sales Manager for our Consumer Product Division. This is a managerial role where one has to apply and lead the commercial business strategy to achieve sell-in and sell-out sales targets, be responsible for the successful delivery of services and also contribute to the winning of new key customers. The candidate should have 3 - 6 years of relevant experience. The location of the job will be in Guwahati and will require handling both general trade. Candidates from FMCG or companies catering to beauty industry will be given advantage. The details of the job are given below:
- You will have to ensure the achievement of Annual Operating Plan in terms of primary and secondary
- You will be responsible for building market strategy to generate higher revenue and locate the gap and opportunity area and getting the plan executed by the team
- You will be expected to recruit, manage, and motivate the sales team
- You will be working cohesively with other functions and collaborating constructively with peers
- You will be managing channel partners and collaborating with them to ensure healthy ROI
- You will be responsible for planning and executing channel and new-town expansion and new town expansion along with your team
- You will have to monitor merchandising standards, planogram, and product visibility in the market with dominance as per company norms
- You will be expected to carry out monthly and quarterly forecasting of all major brands and SKUs to plan and execute optimum result
- Achieving sales targets
- Train and retain talent - BDEs
- Expanding into new geographies/Business Development
- Experience in the FMCG industry in general trade/modern trade.
- People management of Business Development Executives (BDEs) - 3 to 4
- Internal: Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, Controller, KAMs
- External: Distributors, Retailers, MT Chains
L’Oréal is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.