Who are we
Change is the DNA of L'Oréal; we are constantly leading the beauty industry to go beyond. In 1909, we began as a small store selling hair dye. Today, we have a portfolio of 36 international brands and a global presence in 150 countries. As a digital first company, we are reinventing the future of beauty through redefining innovation, putting digital at the forefront of our consumers’ needs and the way we work.
Come join us in our quest of being the #1 BeautyTech Company!
Overview of the role
As a Data Analyst working with the SAPMENA Data Governance Team, you need to have top-notch communications skills to collaborate with global teams and expertise in data analysis skills to investigate and manage data quality issues for the Data Warehouse/Data Marts. Work as a part of team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Assess as-is data assets vs. business needs by working closely with IT and business teams to identify and remediate ‘gaps’
- Preparation of data mappings and analysis of data availability in various systems
- Define and create Enterprise Data Models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical) that enables to determine how various entities are related and test the model with different scenarios to optimize the model for performance and future use cases
- Conduct in-depth review on exceptional cases raised by the team and gathering additional details to determine whether the exceptions are factual.
- Develop checklist and establish KPIs for the team to carry out the checks
- Ensure maintenance of visual dashboards and support development of executive reports/dashboards using Power BI
- Independently manage requirement gathering sessions, documentation, presentation, and interaction with business stakeholders.
- Capable to interact with developers & testers to build/test data models & DB design
- Help Data Product Owners in maintaining the backlog and user stories following Scaled Scrum/Nexus
Who we are looking for
- 3-5 years work experience in data management and/or data governance
- Strong logical, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong technical knowledge in data management / data governance
- Strong presentation skills, communication and influencing capabilities
- Self-driven and comfortable to make appropriate decisions supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products
- Ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner with clear recommendations
- Knowledge of SQL and PowerBI required
- Experience with Atlassian suite, GCP and Collibra preferred