Job: SHEQ Engineer Division:
Consumer Product Division
Location: Manufacturing Plant – North Little Rock
Reports to: Director – Unit of Production
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead an example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Facilitate programs, achieve results aligned with plant-wide shared objectives, and drive UPs to an interdependent culture as it relates to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) objectives.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the listing below:
- Facilitates RCA and incident investigations
- Manages CAPA and verification of effectiveness
- Leads weekly SHEQ meeting
- Facilitates weekly SHEQ training
- Drives SHEQ actions, i.e. PDCAs, to improve right the first time (RTFT)
- Assists in reducing line/skid waste by overseeing no-go process, implementing best practices and supporting WOW ideas
- Supports energy conservation
- Ensures area is tour and audit ready by participating as an auditor on the Internal Audit team
- Ensures new installations meet tri-validation requirements
- Conducts ergonomics assessments for new personnel and on an as needed basis
- Drives health and welfare programs
- Facilitates improvement projects, as needed
- Leads new hire orientation tour
- Collaborating with EHS, Quality and UPs to implement best practices, cross-departmental training, and SHEQ focuses
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing required
- Demonstrate knowledge of TPM/Lean Practices;
- Demonstrate ability to influence without direct authority;
- Strong computer skills utilizing Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and related MS Office Software;
- Strong English oral and written communication skills, multiple languages a plus.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed;
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hairnets, gloves and steel-toed shoes.
Technical / Professional
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.