所在地: Arkansas - North Little Rock
To provide direction to management on safety and health requirements and regulations. Position contributions made to L’Oréal’s safety, productivity and quality:
The Safety Manager provides over-site of L’Oréal’s safety program and ensures that all programs are up-to-date.
General Job Duties
- Reviewing and updating all written safety and health programs
- Auditing all safety and health programs to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Controlling and eliminating hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage
- Assisting in the identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional engineering knowledge, skills and abilities
- Advising on structural safety requirements based on failure mode analysis of factors such as fatigue, stability, stress and concentration
- Designing protective equipment or safety devices for machines
- Redesigning machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards and/or reviewing proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices and recommending technical changes as needed
- Applying knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operations of machinery and equipment.
- Documenting accidents and near misses
- Preparing for Plant Audits and following up with corrective action
- Maintaining documentation of weekly fire inspections
- Staying up-to-date with new safety guidelines and regulations
- Lead implementation of Behavioral Based Safety Program
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- 5-7 years of previous experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs required.
- Candidate must have an understanding of Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene Principals and Fire Protection Systems.
- ISO 14001, ISO 9001, VPP Star experience
- Certified Safety Professional Certification required
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Computer, fixture technical guides and handbooks and all facility equipment
None are noted
- Manipulation requirements: (Hands or Feet): This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving materials.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Communicate well with other employees and supervisors;
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to read and understand written material required by their position;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.