Job Title: Manager/Sr. Manager D2C Sales Planner
Division: Luxe Division
The role of D2C Sales Planner will be the brand’s primary owner & key collaborator for all processes involving sales planning, merchandise planning, forecasting, and inventory management for the .COM business. The sales planner supports the brand’s sell-in process with commercialization. This individual will be the subject matter expert on the brand’s seasonality for sales, the supply chain processes, prior brand promotionality, product launches in order to help foresee & manage future opportunities. They will use their analytics skillset to highlight major insights that will help the brand hit their sales targets. This role must partner cross-functionally with the brand’s direct-to-consumer leadership, the site merchant, the marketing teams, the Luxe Accelerator organization, and the product management teams to ensure that the brand’s vision is brought to life and the consumer’s needs are met.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables & responsibilities:
- Owner of the sales forecasting process by develop bottom-up sales and inventory plans, which are used to inform financial and inventory decisions inclusive of product mix, AUR, Sellthru, and Markdown vs. Reg Selling (core vs. promo vs. launch)
- Create and distribute weekly and monthly business recaps, with emphasis on performance drivers and issues with solutions highlighted.
- Collaborate with other business partners, including but not limited to finance, supply chain and the divisional Accelerate organization, to ensure that forecasts are consistent across all teams and channels.
- Using historical data, identify essential insights around product, promotional performance, and inventory to optimize long-term and short-term strategies.
- Monitor and lead inventory replenishment and logistics management processes for the brand.
- Owner of the “Gross to net” sales reporting process, as well as shipments, to help the brand better understand net sales, performance and D2C margins.
- Responsible for setting the necessary cadence and deliverables needed to ensure the development of a timely, fact-based planning process and strategy. This can include setting the calendar and timing for meeting cadences with stakeholders and forecast deliverables.
- Manage the promotional planning process, including but not limited to product level forecasts, promotional calendar, and supply chain/inventory.
- Monitor and recommend strategy optimizations for pure media and the D2C channel based on data-driven insights and performance analysis.
- Lead the process of dimensioning the brand’s product panier.
- Monitor, track and report on new product launches with respect to the .COM business.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Mathematics, or other analytical background College Degree
5+ years experience in a role focusing on sales/merchandise planning, forecasting or a similar function; experience with direct-to-consumer businesses is a plus
- Strong knowledge and skill with Microsoft Excel necessary; knowledge of other MS Office tools a plus
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management, data activation and statistics, particularly as it relates to eCommerce and consumer analytics; experience with Demandware a plus
- Strong knowledge and skill with creating projections & detailed forecasts
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
- Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize initiatives and anticipate business needs
- Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data into actionable insights and optimizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, Ecommerce, GM, CMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house expert on the account database to influence, convince, and introduce new ways of improving how we meet the needs of our consumer.
Accountable for the planning and strategy associated with a business segment creating revenue of over $25m/Yr
Manage the brand vendor relationships
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.