Job Description Form
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Sales and Training Coordinator
Division: L’OREAL Luxe
Supervisor Title: Account Executive
Location: Los Angeles, California
Section 2: Job Summary:
This role is a true hands-on selling and training position. As a Sales and Training Coordinator and “Brand Ambassador” you must achieve and exceed retail sales plans in an assigned market, through events, focus days and training of retailer associates, support and management of fragrance/beauty freelancers. Support and execute all brand initiatives. Ensure all merchandising updates are completed in a timely manner and inventory levels are in place to support growth at store level.
The Sales and Training Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals, as assigned
- Accept responsibility for your retail goals and adjust strategy in partnership with your supervisor according to performance and achievement within each retailer
- Monitor ranking and competitive retail performance and report findings to your Account Executive
- Strong in store presence; lead by example through selling and training.
- Scheduling, planning and execution of trainings, focus days, events, and brand initiatives at store level
- Based on the changing needs of the business, Sales and Training Coordinators may participate in Digital Workstreams as required by the Account Executive and Regional Sales Director
- Train all retailer staff, management and freelancers
- Inspire staff to sell the brand even when you are not in the store
- Facilitate market trainings in partnership with your Account Executive seasonally to introduce new launch products
- Prepare and plan for all trainings using education department approved tools and guides
- Participate and lead Grand Openings
- Track all trainings and complete all training documents and recap and report results to the Account Executive
- Weekly business review with your Account Executive
- Partner with Account Executive to come up with additional strategies to achieve sales goals
- Develop, in partnership with Account Executive, a call cycle/calendar by 15th of each month and provide schedule to Account Executive
- Monitor appointment bookings prior to events
- Directly responsible for recruitment, instore management and training of freelance in coordination with the Account Executive.
- Review and monitor performance of freelancers weekly
- In partnership with your Account Executive, make changes in personnel when- necessary based on performance
- Maintain case line/ and or shop quality and merchandising per best practice protocols
- Sales and Training Coordinator should plan on being in store a minimum of 5 days each week, with 1/2 office day per week for recaps.
- Complete all reporting in a timely manner (freelance tracker, expense tracker, time sheets, etc.)
- Communicate with Account Executive consistently throughout the business week
- Communicate with all stores within territory to review objectives vs. performance
- Inform the store team of all seasonal marketing activity well in advance to ensure proper set-up and preparation
- Manage and adhere to all freelance and T&L budgets
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations pertaining to T&L
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and / or equal experience in the cosmetics industry preferred
- High School Diploma required
- 1 to 2 years of management experience required
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, cosmetics/fragrances experience preferred
- Goal driven with an ability to multi-task
- Must be creative and resourceful for events
- Must be creative in training of product knowledge and motivation of daily/weekly objectives
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, friendly, positive energy
- Exceptional customer service skills
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, strong application skills of ideas to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. We are looking for a change agent that can naturally connect dots across the organization to capture strong results for the brand. This role requires constant interaction across a matrixed business structure to coordinate work and deliver objectives. As a result, this individual must effectively build networks and become the in-house expert on the brand’s consumer mindset to help influence, convince, and introduce new ways of marketing. We are looking for a dynamic, creative leader and self-starter to build a vision for the brand. This position reports to the Account Executive
Section 5: Required Competencies:
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables, and follow-through (i.e., accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.