Job Title: Sales and Training Executive (STE)
Division: Wholesale Sales
Supervisor Title: Field Vice President and/or VP, Wholesale Sales
Location: Within assigned district
The Sales and Training Executive is responsible for retail sales per door and personnel and education strategy for department and specialty door accounts. Maintain excellent relationships within assigned department and/or specialty accounts. Manage accounts to maximize daily and monthly business goals, promotional activities and launches.
- Monitor and analyze business trends across all stores within district; implement plans for in-store seasonal planning and execution. Plan and execute product launches, GWPs and PWPs with store manager, or department manager to ensure maximum visual effect and sales performance.
- Responsible for daily, monthly and seasonal tracking of total retail performance within territory.
- Arrange and spearhead seasonal meetings. Prepare and carry out seasonal retailer presentations. Participate in and/or organize regional retailer strategy meetings.
- Monitor cleanliness of the counter stock and display units and hold KCRs accountable for Kiehl’s store quality requirements. Execute and maintain all Kiehl’s merchandising standards and ensure protection of company assets by meeting or exceeding established shrinkage goals within the district.
- Develop, motivate and train business managers and counter personnel through education programs and e-learning training programs. Actively plan, execute and follow up on new hire training using the Kiehl’s training/education tools.
- Coach beauty advisors to increase sales by making sure s/he is fulfilling all the responsibilities.. Train and store and assistant managers to become strong team leaders and in store coaches for their KCRs. Work closely with Area Education Manager to ensure that training standards are being met.
- Ensure consistent execution of pricing, merchandising and marketing strategies in each store within the district.
- Actively and accurately communicate selling and inventory trends within district to regional management and home office partners.
- Attend and participate in sales and management training meetings and events as directed by management.
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
· 3 to 5 years of retail management experience, with at least 3 to 5 years managing multiple freestanding store locations with broad geographic scope.
· Demonstrated success in achieving selling and operational excellence by hiring, leading, motivating and developing effective KCRs including management.
· Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
· Strong merchandising skills and proven leader in designing and implementation of traffic driving initiatives.
· Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of the business landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) required.
· Ability to stand and move about the store more than 90% of scheduled shift.
· Ability to lift 20lbs or more throughout the scheduled shift.
· Ability to travel 60-80% based on business needs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field a requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.