Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Sales and Training Executive
Division: IT Cosmetics, L’OREAL Luxe
Location: Denver, CO
Section 2: Job Summary:
This role is a true hands on Sell-Through position; must achieve and exceed retail sales plans in a designated territory, through events and education of direct-report staff, retail-partner sales associates & management and freelancers. Support brand initiatives through consistent and relevant training. Ensure all merchandising updates are executed and inventory levels are in place to support growth at store level. Brand Ambassador.
The Sales and Training Executive will be responsible for:
Retail Sales and Virtual Selling
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals for the entire Sales and Training Executive Territory given to you by Regional Sales Director and Field Sales Vice President. On average overseeing 50-80 doors.
- Strong in-store presence; lead by example through selling and training
- Execute trainings, events, and brand initiatives at door level
- Accept responsibility for your goals and adjust strategy according to performance and achievement
- Discuss sales goal achievement with direct-reports, store teams and freelancers on a weekly basis, empower them to increase their business through events, outreach programs and scheduled appointments
- Take part in all major event set-up and execution, leading the sales team and selling by example
- Achieve all new launch product sales goals
- Based on the changing needs of the business, Sales and Training Executive participates in Digital Workstreams as required by RSD and FSVP
- Train all Sales and Training Coordinators, inter-sell associates, management and freelancers
- Inspire staff to sell the brand even when you are not in the store
- Ensure that all selling staff have the ability to both understand the technical aspects of the brand and simply explain it to their customers
- Facilitate market trainings seasonally to introduce new launch products
- Track all trainings and complete all training documents in a timely manner
- Participate in all monthly training conference calls
- Provide Regional Sales Directors and Regional Education Managers with relevant feedback to improve results
- Weekly review of business with assigned Sales and Training Coordinator(s) and store management to monitor goal progress. If necessary, coach on additional strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Communicate both success and opportunity to store management and Regional Sales Director in a timely and proactive manner.
- Monitor appointments and/or pre-sell goals for key retailer events
- Oversee assigned direct report Sales and Training Coordinator freelancer invoice submission to ensure that budgets are managed and utilized in the allocated month
- Review and monitor freelancer performance for total territory making changes in personnel when necessary.
- Sales and Training Executive should plan on being in stores a minimum of 4 days each week, with up to 1 office day per week as agreed to by RSD. During launch, holiday and promotional timeframes, office days are not permitted.
- Sales and Training Executive is responsible to schedule regular touch-base and visits in their STC markets monthly based on accessibility and the needs of the market and at the direction of RSD.
- Complete all reporting in a timely manner (schedules, expenses, sales reports, training trackers, etc.)
- Develop call cycle/calendar by 15th of each month for entire territory including Sales and Training Coordinator and provide schedule to Regional Sales Director on an on-going basis.
- Lead all quarterly retail partner District Manager meetings in total territory
- Communicate with Regional Sales Director at least once weekly with one 30-minute status call
- Communicate at least once monthly with all stores within territory to review objectives vs. performance
- Communicate at least once weekly with Top 3 volume stores within territory when the business warrants
- Inform the store teams of all seasonal marketing activity (direct mail, catalog, ROP) well in advance to ensure proper set-up and preparation
- Manage and adhere to all freelance and travel budgets for the entire Sales and Training Executive Territory as Regional Sales Director advises
- Responsibly utilize all company funds and assets as if they were your own
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree and / or equal experience in the cosmetics industry preferred
- Prior experience as an Account Executive/Trainer; minimum of 3 years
- 1 to 2 years of management experience required
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, cosmetics experience preferred
- Goal driven with an ability to multi-task
- Must be creative and resourceful for events
- Must be creative in training of product knowledge and motivation of daily/weekly objectives
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, friendly, positive energy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to quantify performance of prior retail territory
- Demonstrated retail growth YOY
- Strong Presentation Skills; Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all audiences
- Solid retail partnerships at Ulta Beauty, Sephora and Macy’s
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.