Job Title: Salon Sales Associate
Function: Field Sales
Supervisor Title: District Sales Manager
Location: Remote position, must reside within Bakersfield, CA
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Salon Sales Associate supports the Salon Business Partner to build brand equity, sales and profits for key strategic brands in the professional hair industry. The Sales Associate has an entrepreneurial mindset, team spirit, and a passion about the industry and business. This person is a self-starter, independent thinker and solutions oriented who offers exceptional customer service and has a strong sense of follow-up and follow through.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Support the Salon Business Partner build brand equity and profitably increase sales by identifying new prospects, cold calling, and account research for custom sampling and intro presentations to build territory route.
- Assists the Salon Business Partner achieve assigned sales goals and objectives through the focus of business development, education, promotional activity and distribution for each assigned brand.
- Stays current on product knowledge by attending monthly sales meetings, annual conferences, online classes, promotional events including area classes, company/brand shows and events, hands-on work-shops, and in-salon education.
- Conducts field visits with Salon Business Partner, District Manager, Brands and vendors to partner on in salon market share, promotion planning and education and acquiring new prospects.
- Utilize the company digital sales aide and Salesforce for product knowledge, reporting, developing custom promotional presentations.
- Utilizes and understands social media to create connections with compelling and unique content including videos, stories, promotions, and interactive dialog.
- Establish external and internal cross functional relationships.
- Manage time sensitive activities proactively including and not limited to customer requests, remote-order entry, emails, and all other administrative tasks.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and directives to meet company objectives and maximize profits for sales.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business or marketing is strongly preferred or at least 3 years of retail or customer service experience required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and excellent presentation, verbal, oral, and written communication.
- Excellent listening, persuasive, and negotiation skills.
- Must be highly organized, professional, goal oriented and results driven.
- Possesses a valid state driver’s license, good driving record and required auto insurance policy levels.
- Must live within assigned sales territory.
- Must be flexible with overnight travel and working occasional weekend days.
- Self-motivated and exudes entrepreneurial mindset as this role requires autonomy and intermittent supervision.
- Excellent computer skills - Windows-based (MS Office) systems, knowledge of Salesforce.com (SFDC) as well as social media understanding and usage.
- This position requires significant local travel to current and potential clients, time spent driving is up to 85% which includes prolonged periods of sitting.
- All work may necessitate the lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds which may also require bending.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.