Do you like working with highly technical, scientific information and sharing it to contribute to the development and innovation of new products related to consumers' skincare routines across the globe?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Development is responsible for working closely with our over 35 brands to adapt and innovate formulations into new and exciting products based on consumer and marketing insights. In Open Development, our scientists work closely with external manufacturers to develop and refine formulas to meet the needs and expectations of our consumers. Development of great products requires building strong, international collaborations across different functions to ensure that products are seen from inception to officialization for our local and global launch deadlines.
You Will . . .
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Scientific Liaison II in Skincare to join our Development department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. This position is responsible for supporting various elements of skincare product development from project initiation through market launch with a critical focus on communication of scientific knowledge, selection of active ingredients, and coordination of innovative testing.
- Provide technical support to Marketing – technical explanation of new and existing technology for all launches to help Marketing develop concepts
- Facilitate clear communication at the interface between R&I and Marketing
- Review concepts, cartons, packaging, advertising, web, e-commerce, training materials for technical accuracy
- Maintain awareness of new technical or marketing opportunities from scientific and technical literature and publications
- Serves as a creative catalyst for potential new technology discoveries and/or new ingredient communication
- Brainstorm innovative testing approaches for support of active ingredient and product performance
- Request product claims from US Marketing
- Review test platform to ensure all US product claims are being addressed
- Work closely with Safety and Analytical teams to coordinate product testing and analysis
- Work closely with Clinical Evaluation team to coordinate clinical, instrumental, and consumer testing
- Provide final test results with technical support/interpretation
- Issue technical dossiers for new products or modifications to existing products
- Provide PR support
You Have . . .
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science is required. Master's or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive scientific work experience is required. Skincare formulation experience a plus.
- Strong communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share and teach in the area of expertise with experts and non-experts alike
You Are . . .
- Someone who can prioritize multiple projects while working with various groups within a matrix organization
- Able to work in international, multi-disciplinary environments with extensive worldwide networks
- A great communicator to expert and non-expert audiences (oral, written, presentations), including in large group professional settings
- An innovative thinker
- Wants to achieve results, with integrity
- Someone with a deep scientific curiosity and passion for skincare
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.