Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
You will provide technical support for L’Oreal makeup brands by working in partnership with all functions in corporate R&I. To provide technical advocacy to DMI Marketing, Claims, Legal, Public Relations, Development lab, Product Performance Evaluation and zone Marketing as required.
- Manage North America and global makeup projects for claims validation and communication purposes. This includes creating testing plans, negotiating claims with marketing and the claims/legal groups. Tracks all projects and ensures that all tests are completed on schedule and provides marketing with updates accordingly.
- Work with U.S. Feasibility Group to develop and maintain meaningful project timing for product launches as well as shade promotions.
- Explain technical information and technologies, providing insights into ingredients and tests on L’Oreal and competitive products.
- Clarify marketing’s wishes and objectives to laboratories on each project regarding target market, desired advertising claims, ingredients, etc. Creates and issues all claims documentations such as a summary of claims tests on products and supports all technical databases.
- Create product technical dossiers to support proposals and launches of new products including formula, packaging, demos and claims information.
- Forward all pertinent information to France and Marketing.
- Work with U.S. Safety, Claims, Product Performance Evaluation and as well as Analytical (for OTC stability testing) to determine sampling required to support testing while coordinating with labs to receive samples in a timely fashion.
- Review concepts and marketing artwork for technical accuracy and provides alternative language and technical advisement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical experience required in personal care/and or cosmetic products.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluency in a foreign language (French, Spanish) a plus.
- Long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Available to travel to NY/Jersey City (25%)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.