Do you like conducting qualitative and quantitative research on hair care, styling, and color products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As a Scientist - within Research & Innovation - Product Performance Evaluation – Consumer Science, this position requires expertise in both qualitative and quantitative research, possessing strong communication and vendor management skills, which will be responsible for leading studies for the L’Oreal US Hair categories (Care, Styling and Color).
- With managerial support, design and execute studies from inception to completion including study design, target volunteer selection, recruitment, questionnaires, consultations, in-person testing for the generation of outstanding product insights to guide product development.
- Review, validate, and interpret test results from market research agencies
- Synthesize learnings, extract insights, and write reports to meet business objectives
- Translate data/insights into actionable recommendations
- Communicate and present findings to key stakeholders and management
- Lead within cross functional teams; collaborate with the team to seamlessly design and coordinate testing, including screeners, questionnaire design, experimental designs, and project tracking.
- Partner with formulators/Labs, other technical testing centers and Product Performance Manage (PPMs) to determine the testing and consumer knowledge needs of the group; obtaining clear objectives and context for projects.
- Drive creative research approach and strategic recommendations for product development including design of Hybrid Testing, partnering with consumer and/or instrumental teams.
- Support new, forward thinking evaluation techniques, methodologies and strategies for the future of evaluation, providing recommendation on the test design based on project objective
- Aid in implementation of creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results
- Work with consumers, sensory/consumer scientists, formulators, and counterparts, instrumental and clinical/scientists, outside vendors, academics and consultants
- Prioritize project workload with Research and Innovation (R&I) team
- Discuss and oversees high profile projects in Testing Center to ensure accuracy and help in understanding of data
- Represent team in project planning meeting
- 2+ years of consumer product testing experience with experimental design and analysis skills required
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative IHUT product testing design, execution and tracking
- BS or Master's in Market Research, Psychology, Sensory Science, Cosmetic Science or related field
- Experience with Cosmetic industry a plus
- Color science knowledge a plus
- Experience with innovative and creative methodologies and consumer/professional centric approaches a plus.
- High level of passion for consumer centricity during the product development process.
- Strong leadership skills to drive agile product design and development teams
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up and timelines
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with a deadline-driven deliverable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Confident engaging with and presenting to senior executives
- Able to translate evaluation plans into actionable recommendations of testing to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, data entry and some knowledge of statistical software programs (such as Compusense, SIMS, ARCS, etc.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.