As a Research Scientist - within the Product Performance Evaluation – Expert Science, this position requires an experienced qualitative researcher complemented with coordination experience, possessing excellent analytical, strategic thinking and collaboration skills which will be responsible for leading studies for the different L’Oreal US brands concentrating in Hair Color product category.
- Designs and executes Expert studies from inception to completion including study design, target volunteer selection, recruitment, questionnaires, consultations, in-person testing for the generation of outstanding product insights to guide product development.
- Analyzes test results, synthesizes the information and writes reports to meet business objectives
- Communicates and presents findings to key stakeholders and management
- Leadership within cross functional teams; collaborate with the team to seamlessly design and coordinate testing, including screeners, questionnaire design, experimental designs, and project tracking.
- Partners with formulators/Labs, other technical testing centers and Product Performance Managers (PPMs) to determine the Expert testing and consumer knowledge needs of the US Expert Science group; obtaining clear objectives and context for projects.
- Drives creative research approach and strategic recommendations for product development including design of Hybrid Testing, partnering with consumer and/or instrumental teams.
- Supports new, forward thinking evaluation techniques, methodologies and strategies for the future of Expert evaluation, providing recommendation on the test design based on project objective
- Aid in implementation of creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results
- Works with consumers, sensory/consumer scientists, formulators, and Global Expert/Sensory Science counterparts, instrumental and clinical/scientists, outside vendors, academics and consultants
- Prioritizes project workload with Research and Innovation (R&I) team
- Discusses and oversees high profile projects in Testing Center to ensure accuracy and help in understanding of data
- Represents team in project planning meeting
- 3-5 years of technical product testing experience with experimental design and analysis skills required
- Experience in qualitative product testing design, execution and tracking
- BS or Master's in Market Research, Psychology, Sensory Science, Cosmetic Science or related field
- Experience with Cosmetic industry a plus
- Cosmetology license a plus
- Color science knowledge a plus
- Experience with innovative and creative methodologies and consumer/professional centric approaches a plus.
- High level of passion for consumer centricity during the product development process.
- Able to translate evaluation plans into actionable recommendations of testing to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership skills to drive agile product design and development teams
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up and timelines
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with a deadline-driven deliverable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Confident engaging with and presenting to senior executives
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, data entry and some knowledge of statistical software programs (such as Compusense, SIMS, ARCS, etc.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.