Urban Decay is seeking a Selling Specialist to join our team Clifton, NJ.
A Selling Specialist drives sales revenue to exceed budget through exceptional selling results. This includes leading by example when applying make-up, demonstrating product, sharing product knowledge and by leading.
- Ability to sell Urban Decay Cosmetics through demonstration and application of make-up. This includes leading by example when: applying make-up, demonstrating product and sharing product knowledge with Beauty Artists, Sales Associates and customers. When applicable, must exhibit strong account follow-through.
- Review and analyze hourly, daily & weekly budget achievement by door.
- Plan and review sales calendars with Supervising Sales Manager (either Area Sales Manager or Sales Executive or Sales Coordinator) to confirm store visit priorities so that upon review, minimal changes are necessary. On a timely basis, communicate or reinforce information from the company to store Sales Associates.
- Build and maintain store management relationships through consistent communication with all Sales Associates and Account Department Managers.
- Lead by example by mentoring, developing and selling side-by-side in-store with selling teams to achieve daily / weekly / monthly budgets including pre-sell and core product goals and to educate store personnel on product and make-up application.
- Coach, teach and train in-store associates to be successful in selling products. This includes: executing successful events, selling product, building the sale through make-up application.
- While selling side-by-side with the team – mentor, develop and lead by example when demonstrating product selling, building a sale, maintaining counter cleanliness standards, respecting store standards, policies and procedures and applying make-up.
- Complete deadlines for all requests including but not limited to: calendars (as outlined by account), expense reports and event recaps.
- These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Other duties maybe signed as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Strong make-up application and artistry skill
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Good coaching and teaching skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Duties may require travel and overnight stay
- Light lifting (less than 40 pounds)
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
- 1-year experience applying & selling make-up
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Suite; specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
- Intuitive ability to use an iPhone
- Internet Savvy
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status