Are you looking to work with leading scientists on the development of new and exciting products for consumers' skin cleansing and makeup removal routines?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Development is responsible for working closely with our over 35 brands to adapt and innovate formulations into new and exciting products based on consumer and marketing insights. Development of great products requires building strong, international collaborations across different functions to ensure that products are seen from inception to officialization for our local and global launch deadlines.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior Chemist to join our Development department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. As a part of our Face Cleansing and Makeup Removal Laboratory you will be a part of a team that leads the expansion of emerging cleansing and makeup removal formulations in the US.
You Will . . .
- Be responsible for the creative and technical aspects of specific product development categories.
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner.
- Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Under minimal supervision, completes tasks as directed.
- Adhere to set project objectives and standards.
- Independently complete product development projects from inception to officialization to meet launch deadlines, with support from supervisor as needed.
- Investigate/research formulation problem/issues.
- Develop and refines product formulas including product stability on all formulas and resolves stability issues
- Monitor the quality and conformity of formulas.
- Handle multiple basic projects simultaneously.
- Identifies raw materials and technologies suitable for product development.
You Have . . .
- A minimum of a completed Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science is required.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in the personal care/skincare industry
- Experience in formulation and/or creation of skin care and skin cleansing products is preferred.
- Experience working with surfactants, gentle cleansing technologies, and/or sustainable cleaning strategies a plus
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and computer skills required
You Are . . .
- Well organized
- Creative and resourceful in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing.
- A strong collaborator who is prepared to interface with technical support groups including marketing, analytical, demi-grand and manufacturing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.