Sr. CHEMIST – Development - Lip
Responsible for the creative and technical aspects of product development for Lip products. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, raw materials technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Gains experience in a competitive patent environment while overseeing a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues which may arise during the development process and/or in anticipation to issues which may come up in pilot plant or manufacturing.
- Performs product stability on all formulas as well as rectify stability issues.
- Must meet deadlines and interact with various groups within R&D.
- Follows through on all aspects of projects from inception to product launch and post launch issues resolution. Attention to details through the development steps.
- Interfaces with technical support groups including marketing, Demi-grand, and manufacturing.
- Maintains technical awareness of developments within field of responsibility.
- Communicates development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering alternative solutions.
- Keeps accurate and precise records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related sciences. Master’s Degree in these fields a plus.
- Experience in formulation and product development a plus.
- Experience in color cosmetics or any color-related field a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.