Do you like creating cross-category fast beauty innovations, while applying the concepts of Assembly, Integration, and Fine Tuning?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are looking for a Senior Chemist II to join our Fast Beauty Innovation team in Clark, New Jersey. As part of the R&I Fast Beauty Innovation Makeup team, you will have the opportunity to work on creating cross-category fast beauty innovations, applying concepts of Assembly, Integration, and Fine Tuning. This will be an exciting opportunity for you to collaborate in the trend detection process and participate in the collaboration with trend agencies.
We are looking for a creative individual who knows how to transfer an idea or vision into a product to onboard on this thrilling adventure.You Will . . .
- Hands on creation of cross-category fast beauty innovations applying the concepts of Assembly, Integration, and Fine Tuning. Formulate smartly to create innovation with a Time to Market obsession:
- Anticipating and mitigating project risk
- Securing the ‘ready to go’ status and fast transformation of our launches
- Monitor and ensure the quality of all new products in terms of:
- Right to Market
- Perform all relevant formula related testing.
- Collaborate actively in the trend detection process (ie scouting and detecting of the emerging trends - fashion, opinion leader and competition / professional cosmetics exhibition - & via the web, via the blogs, Instagram, etc). Participate in the collaboration with trends agencies (such as BeautyStreams, WGSN, etc). Follow and listen to our brands (from NY or LA) for creative inspiration and concept development.
- Follow competition in collaboration and connection with the Makeup category labs. Understand the competitive landscape surrounding all categories and identify areas of opportunity in terms of:
- Color & Effect
- New Textures/Sensorial Cues
- Have an awareness of the OD formula portfolio and vendor innovations. Be able to position and map them vs our own portfolio.
- Collaborate strongly with category labs: work side by side in the creation process, taking advantage of their knowledge and expertise.
- Associate fast beauty innovations with a full picture of timing, PRI and quantities.
You Have . . .
- BS in Chemistry or related science, Master's or Ph.D. a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience in the cosmetics industry. Candidate must have strong expertise of cross-category cosmetic formulation - ideally with vendor experience.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
You Are . . .
- Creative but also pragmatic and know how to transfer an idea/vision into a product.
- Able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization.
- Adept at giving technical presentations to large groups of professionals.
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.