Job Title Senior Developer, Color & Artwork, Packaging Decoration
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: The Operations Hub – Clark, NJ
Reports To: Senior Manager, Color & Artwork
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
As a Developer on the Color & Artwork team, you will be responsible for delivery of timely and cost effective decoration of new product launches and maintenance of basic business activities. Lead new and improved color & artwork processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products.
- Complete the execution of Color Matching activities for all components.
- C&A deliverables in accordance with the validated timeline
- Anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Drive Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Communication to and alignment with Development of dates when they move
- Foster extrapolation in Homologation and Compatibility, through discussions with technical teams but also, while discussing conception with Brand Development and Marketing
- Anticipate potential risks in regards to timing or conception, align with Development and Packaging on action plan
- Systematically follow “Risk Elevation Process” and elevate appropriately to key operational partners
- Provide recommendation for cost effective and improved flexibility decoration at QCP
- Develop decoration solutions aimed to improve flexibility, profitability and reduce slow movers and obsoletes
- Reinforcing awareness of impact of decisions made on development spending Industrial Budget (production color sample costs, on-site press approvals)
- Apply extrapolation, homologations, color approval and proofs approved are completed and met on time for SPEC issuance (ie made in statements, label claim)
- Knowledge of supplier capability in anticipation of the pre-QCP/QCP
- Participate /Lead-decoration portion in QCP meetings with Brand Development and provide advice to respect project complexity and minimize Time to Market
- Ensure no first reception rejections due to missing color standards and panoplies
- Complete risk analysis on decoration briefs
Perceived Value Innovation
- Ensure the aesthetic consistency
- Be consumer centric and aware of consumer insights
- Propose the highest perceived value decoration at the lowest cost
Protect Consumers & Data
- Respect confidentiality of launches
What We Are Looking For:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- 2 - 5 years' industry experience in proven package development project work/quality experience required
- Cosmetics, consumer goods or related field experience preferred
- Able to travel to vendors and plants (10-15% of time) will be a requirement
- Proficient PC skills – Excel, PowerPoint and Esko System.
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross functional partners
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.