Then L'Oréal's Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
Inside the Augmented Beauty Application Domain, L’Oréal’s Tech Incubator is responsible for delivering entirely new categories of products and business models to the cosmetics space, with a focus on disruptive technology. In this global, cross-functional team you’ll partner with engineers, technologists, formulators, designers and business leads with Hub offices in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Tech Incubator is looking for an ambitious Engineering Test & Lab Manager. Your Mission: To build out a flexible, in-house test lab to support verification/validation testing and prototyping teams for the L'Oreal Augmented Beauty Group. Design and execute engineering testing for high volume consumer products in skin cleansing, anti-aging, and other personal care beauty applications. Gain exposure to the latest technology in connected devices, user experience concerns and projects that combine hardware & software, and cosmetics formulation. Be part of our journey in the Future of Beauty!
Position will be based in Jersey City/Clark, NJ with occasional travel (5-10%)
- Work cross functionally with Quality, Operations, MEs and EEs to develop proper test platforms for various new devices in development
- Execute the design and prototyping of mission critical components and systems
Execute design of experiments related to connected hardware projects
Design fixtures for testing/experiments
Create executive level reports of experiment results and recommendations
Assist with in-store device setup and/or PR events for pilot program launches
Provide input on the expansion of the Tech Incubator in-house lab
Steer project directions and have input into Incubator project pipeline
Stay up to date on beauty industry and other industries for state of the art technology that could be applied to Incubator projects
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics experience
- Up to 1 year+ experience with connected device Product Design
- Experience with mechatronics (electro-mechanical systems) a plus
- Some proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PPT
- An excellent communicator who can interface with team members with both technical and non technical backgrounds with the ability to focus on presenting technical information in a manner that facilitates decision making
- Highly Organized
- Obsessed with bringing new technology to life