Job Title: Senior Manager, Amazon Site Merchant – LUXE Digital Accelerator
Division: Luxury Products Division
Reports To: Director, Amazon Retail Lead – LUXE Digital Accelerator
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 14 highly aspirational and multi-expert luxury such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, KIEHL’S, URBAN DECAY, IT COSMETICS and YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE as well as lifestyle and couture brands such as RALPH LAUREN, MAISSON MARGIELA, AZZARO, VALENTINO, PRADA, VIKTOR & ROLF AND MUGLER.
The role of Amazon Site Merchant is the owner of the commercialization and sales planning process for Amazon in partnership with brand and category leads. They will be tasked with overseeing the product & channel strategy, leveraging data-driven insights to make channel decisions that will generate positive KPI results. This individual is our brand’s analytics expert, using data to build a “bottoms-up” plan to hit our sales targets. This role will use daily & weekly performance to better understand our consumer and ensure that their needs can be met through our eCommerce platform. This role must partner cross-functionally with the brand’s leadership, the sales team, the marketing teams, the LUXE Accelerator organization, and sales panner.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables & responsibilities:
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Leader of the product and channel sales strategy and sales planning for the brand portfolio
- Owner of a variety of analyses including category performance, activation results, and competitive analyses to help us better optimize our Amazon strategy
- Have a “measurement obsession” mindset across the Amazon business
- Responsible for the sales forecasting process by developing bottom-up sales and inventory plans, which are used to inform financial and inventory decisions inclusive of product mix, AUR, Sellthru, and Markdown vs. Reg Selling (core vs. promo vs. launch)
- Work with the sales planning team to perform the pertinent sales analyses and forecasting to help foresee risk and opportunities
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to coordinate the planning for digital marketing activities such as Media, SEO, Social, Affiliate Marketing, and Merchandising placements on Amazon
- Work cross-functionally with the teams to manage Amazon’s calendar of activity and promotion, and any updates relating to merchandising the brand store and PDPs
- Owner of the logistical process execution for all promotional events and new item setup, including but not limited to oversight of set up, testing, and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with operations, supply chain, customer service, demand planning, finance, IT to ensure operational success
- Act as the brand’s lead for all call center communications and feedback as consumer’s reach out with needs
- Manage Seller Central and support all Amazon operations
Key Challenges, Issues and Complexity
- This individual is creative, analytical and has strong communication skills. This person will drive the Amazon channel for their portfolio of brands while also collaborating with the team to support a rapidly growing business. This role will require a demonstrated ability to develop consumer and category knowledge and to act on the insights in collaboration with internal brand & cross functional partners. It requires continuous interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, CDMO, GM, Finance, Operations) to coordinate work and deliver objectives.
- The individual must possess the ability to pivot quickly as this function is in constant evolution and the landscape is changing by the minute. This person must embody the L’Oréal values of ‘test and learn’ and ‘fail fast’ to learn the dynamics of what makes the Amazon business unique.
- This individual is excited to dig into the data and identify learnings and insights that will help the greater division and its brands identify risks and opportunities while developing strong cross functional relationships.
- This individual has strong time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, often-changing environment. This individual is also a proactive problem-solver, with the ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
What We Are Looking For:
- College Degree
- 5+ years working in eCommerce roles, including content, site merchandising and commercialization, sales planning, supply chain, finance and experience managing a site is a plus
- Experience working with retailers (Amazon is ideal but not required)
- Luxury and/or beauty experience preferred
- Experience working in a “buyer” type role for retail a plus
- Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize initiatives and anticipate business needs
- Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data into actionable insights and optimizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to influence others
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- High proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables) and data analysis
- Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint programs and the ability to create high impact presentations
- Salary Range: $119,900 - $170,800 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.