Job Description Form
Section 1: (General Information)
Job Title: Senior Manager of Brand Salon Development (MATRIX & BIOLAGE)
Supervisor Title: Assistant Vice President - Salon Development
Location: Field Sales/Remote- NorthEast
Section 2: Job Summary
The Senior Manager of Brand Salon Development will report into the Assistant Vice President – Salon Development and partner with the SC teams to deliver their respective regional street assigned omni-sales objectives. A top priority will be to lead with MATRIX Color to deliver (in partnership with SC) New Business Dollars goals (in targeted accounts), Distribution goals (New Doors), Summit Imperatives (Scorecards & NP’s attendance goals), and to drive retail business opportunities all in the spirit of ensuring strong Omni Channel results that exceed sales objectives. The Senior Manager or Director of Brand Salon Development will work with the Assistant Vice President – Salon Development to develop/deploy key strategies that support the success of the team members to deliver/exceed all prioritized sales/business objectives.
Section 3: Job Requirements: (Typical years of experience, skills, certification and academic background to perform this job)
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5-10 yrs. proven sales experience with emphasis on consultative selling
- Proven ability to drive results through expert selling, influencing and planning skills
- Ability to assess strategic customer needs and build alliances
- Summit Business program expertise
- Effective development of Business Proposals
- Experience with a distributor-based organization and structure.
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional problem-solving skills in a selling environment
- Proven ability to manage a large geographic area
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Promotes a professional business demeanor and appearance
- Ability to travel extensively (~3 out of 4 weeks) and work weekends as needed
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Judgment and Decision Making:
Ability to strategically plan business and make autonomous decisions regarding the execution of the plans. Deep sense in understanding opportunities as well as anticipating challenges. Significant contribution regarding account support that the sales teams need.
This position requires intermittent supervision. The majority of the time the incumbent will work in the field
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Extensive travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: TBD
Annual Revenue Responsibility: TBD
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity
For reference, the tasks, duties and responsibilities are:
% of time spent
1. NEW Salon Distribution in Partnership with Salon Centric:
- Identify Salon Prospects (50/50 NP/ISMS) to target and win new PPD distribution. Maintain target list in Salesforce.
- Execute ongoing meetings with salon prospects advancing them through the stages of the sale (New, Discussion, Presentation and Negotiation). Utilize SF to keep targets updated throughout the process
- Utilize Brand, PPD and Summit tools (Salon Emotion, Access, Level, Hair.com etc.) demonstrate the value and support provided to our salon partners.
- Validate salon potential utilizing Summit scorecard.
- Work with brand education partners to schedule demos to secure new business.
- Collaborate with American and French Brand counterparts to share salon leads when it’s determined current brand does not meet salon needs.
2. SUPPORT EXECUTION OF BRAND PRIORITIES:
- By request, support SC “at risk” customers to prevent loss to competition
- Drive support with SC Store and PPD Suite/ School teams to optimize SAO sales results
- Support the development and execution for all Summit Business events for existing and New customers
- Summit registration and follow through brand placement w/in salon
- Support SC AVP Trainer and PPD SMD VP field trainings by request only
- Post updates in SF.com as needed for New Partnership and account status.
- Manage fuel budget.
- Monthly status commentary for territory.
- Other admin may include Concur expense reporting, Egencia travel planning and E-Learnings as required.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
- Excellent selling, organization, negotiation and planning skills
- Interpersonal and advanced presentation skills
- Positive energy, enthusiasm for the salon and beauty industry
- Motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Ability to be flexible, act as change agent and be a team player (collaborative)
- Strong ability to manage complexity: manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with a focus on prioritization and quality. Forward thinking and problem solving.
- Achieves Results with Integrity: demonstrates engagement and availability, stays proactive, focuses on results and delivers results respecting the L’Oreal Code of Ethics. Performs tasks with high level of detail. Ability to come up with innovative solutions.
- Innovates: shows curiosity to grow and develop. Derives creative solutions to generate business value.
2 OPEN POSITIONS (MATRIX & BIOLAGE / SC Street)
MATRIX & BIOLAGE
1 for NE Region; 1 in SE/MA regions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.