Order Management System Solution Architect
New York, NY
L'Oreal will be returning to the office under our Safe Together guidelines. This model will mean that most functions and employees will be in the office three days a week and remote two days a week. It does not apply to warehouse, distribution center, field sales, retail store or lab based employees.
Brief Job Description:
L’Oreal group recognized as one of the world’s leading Innovation companies aggressively embraced the digital era. In our quest to stay at the top of Beauty Tech and further advance our digital supply chain and commerce technology footprint, we are looking for highly motivated individual with solid architectural and technical delivery skills in a fast paced and highly business focused environment.
As a senior technical member of the Order Management product team, the individual will be responsible for the solution architecture of the L’Oreal OMS Solution. The solution would enable the transformation of the brand consumer shopping experience in the Online and Offline space and help driving sales for L’Oreal USA in terms of optimizing the e-commerce logistics while enabling new capabilities such as advance order routing and O + O experiences.
- Americas solution architecture responsibility of the Order Management platform
- Partner with Systems Integrator’s Technical Lead and software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to review proposed solutions based on the Loreal developed architectural and framework guidelines
- Act as a Liaison with the global OMS technical team
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical guidance to the internal and external development teams
- Maintains technical knowledge of OMS platform, customizations, and third-Party Integrations.
- Enforce OMS technology and development best practices that include user experience standards, accessibility, performance optimization, scalability, availability, device compatibility, and more.
- Supports the evaluation of third-party solutions relative to business requirements and processes and guide formulation of solution recommendations.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies/solution trends and contributes to the advancement of digital commerce footprint
- Perform review of technical and functional specifications designs
- Triage the product enablement and evolution requests and provide macro level solution design
- Conducts workshops with technical experts across different business units and external partners to address solutions to problems
- Contribute to the evolution of DevOps process
Core Competencies/Professional Requirements
- 6 to 8 years of solution architecture and technical delivery expertise in the Order Management System space within a large and complex environment
- Deep understanding of technology platform and system complexities
- Ability to interact effectively with internal business teams, at different levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, process orientation and problem-solving skills with multiple clients/vendors/projects.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced and agile product model environment
- Experience in analysis of the business requirements and turning them into use cases and tasks with technical specifications
- Technology Assessment and Evaluation Skills
- Experience in OMS/Direct to Consumer Supply Chain/cosmetic/FMCG/retail industry is preferred
- Awareness and/or direct experience with industry standard DevOps practices
- Effective inter-personal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Cloud based OMS Solutions is required.
- A knowledge of FluentCommerce is a plus but experience with other platforms (Manhattan, IBM Sterling, Order Dynamics…) will be considered.
- Deep understanding of platforms/technologies in the Order Management Systems ecosystem including WMS, e-commerce, Marketplaces, POS systems, ERP, payment infrastructures etc. is required
- Ideally Java Software development background
- Deep understanding of Systems integration concepts – Web Service (REST and GraphQL APIs), Batch, EDI, sFTP, API Gateways.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Enterprise Architecture Integration Patterns
- Knowledge OMS security and system performance
- Exposure to Omni channel technology tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.