Job Title Senior Manager, Formula Optimization Development
Division: L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty
Location: Clark, NJ (Hybrid)
Reports To: AVP – Development
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty, formerly known as the Active Cosmetics Division, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, LaRoche Posay, SkinBetter Science and Vichy, offering a range of skincare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Do:
- Identify and implement formula optimization opportunities, working in partnership across Research & Innovation, Operations and Marketing teams
- Cost avoidance; review formulas early in the development process for new launches, renovations, and reformulations to assess and mitigate supply chain, manufacturing or procurement risks
- Analyze and propose value analysis projects of existing catalogues to reduce number of raw materials and/or formula costs
- Support Development team on feasibility cost studies for gross margin analysis
- Provide visibility to upcoming regulations and coordinate succession plans
- Engage worldwide stakeholders on raw material constraints including supply shortages and discontinuations to maintain current market products and new launches
- Educate, guide and support Development and Marketing teams on topics such as formula cost drivers and raw material optimization
- Partner with Marketing, Operations and R&I on harmonization, profitability, agility and sustainability efforts
- Oversee and manage formula optimization roadmaps across key categories for the Brands
- Coordinate a clear reform and hand-off process across Development to ensure all reforms are tracked
- Project timeline preparation and tracking
- Risk assessment coordination & communication
- Support divisional teams as needed on projects and processes
- Present launches and projects to Operational and Brand leadership team on a regular cadence
- Partner with International key stakeholders on brand and category initiatives either in a leading or supporting role
- Develop and keep a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within the product development discipline
- Perform other duties as needed
What We Are Looking For:
- 5 years+ of experience in proven Formulation work, preferably in skincare or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- Experience developing products for global markets preferred
- Able to create strong partnerships with local and International cross-functional teams
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to be able to influence effectively with all levels of our organization internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills to manage the documentation, and information as needed on each project
- Proficient in Microsoft 365
- Travel to plants and potentially RM vendors (10%)
- Strong organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information as needed on each project
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site because of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.