POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Sustainability Learning
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President, Sustainability Communications, North America
LOCATION: 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Working across L’Oréal’s North America zone and its iconic brand portfolio that includes Lancôme and Maybelline New York, the Senior Manager, Sustainability Learning, is a key member of the North America Sustainability Team, which oversees environmental sustainability and strategic philanthropy.
Accelerating our learning offerings and the ongoing upskilling of employees and key functional groups is critical to the successful implementation of our ambitious L’Oréal For The Future sustainability program. This position manages the development and deployment of sustainability- and philanthropy-related learning strategies and programs across the zone. Working closely with Human Resources and the zone’s Learning & Development team, this role is responsible for adapting global learning programs for zone-level implementation. These include online and e-learning, virtual training, and in-person learning opportunities for all employees across the zone, and for function-specific groups such as sales, marketing, finance, etc. The role will also support the development and implementation of executive learning programs, and drive the integration of sustainability-related learning and content into existing platforms and channels to ensure content is embedded throughout the key phases of the employee experience and employment milestones. The position will act as a key point of contact for internal clients and partners, as well as providing coordination and tactical execution of multiple learning initiatives.
- Establish a roadmap for skills assessment and development of learning paths to embed sustainability throughout the zone
- Develop a Sustainability Executive Education roadmap and calendar
- Represent the zone in global development and deployment planning for next-level sustainability learning programs (Green Steps 2.0, etc.)
- Manage all zone-level production and activation of global and zone-specific sustainability training programs, driving strong participation and leveraging support from the global L’Oréal For The Future team, and zone-level Brand and Function teams
- Continuously identify and recommend improvement opportunities with a learner-centric approach
Content & Communications:
- Adapt global and/or create bespoke program materials as needed, including invites, slides, handouts, and online experiences
- Drive communication with key stakeholders and employee groups to drive enrollments, share program details, and gain feedback
- Schedule and brief consultants and internal experts to deliver training content where needed
- Generate reports and insights to analyze learning KPIs (learning hours, coverage of target population, cost, and impact)
- Review program survey feedback and make recommendations to improve employee experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
We are looking for someone who can develop and drive learning programs in a structured and detail-oriented manner, manage complexity, use data to measure success, and communicate effectively with employees and stakeholders.
- Postgraduate degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a large, complex organization is desired, specifically in HR / Learning, Marketing or Communications and with a proven track record in the field of Sustainability
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: is able to communicate a message in an engaging and inspiring way
- Project Management Expertise: is able to set goals, manage timelines across multiple simultaneous projects and execute with excellence
- Customer Service: Acts with the employee in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with employees and counterparts to gain their trust and respect, collects feedback from employees and key functional partners to improve service
- Collaboration: is able to engage cross functional partners to drive towards shared objectives, work closely with other Learning team members to share best practices and ensure high quality program delivery
- Demonstrates sustainability acumen
- Desire to work in a flexible, agile environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving and changing priorities and manage complexity; resilient and flexible
- Capable of performing effectively in complex situations with limited guidance
- Entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrating resourcefulness and drive
- Results oriented and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Technical aptitude, including proficiency in MS Office
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.