Position Title: Senior Manager Sourcing
Location: El Segundo @ our NEW L’Oréal West Coast HQ
L’Oréal has a hybrid work model with three days in the office and two days remote.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced position where you will work with internal stakeholders and suppliers, managing a diverse portfolio and being a part of all Urban Decay’s new launches and projects.
In this position you will support the brand in Sourcing by:
Ensuring Compliance to L'Oréal Group Norms
- Managing purchasing financials (Purchase Price Variance (PPV), Trend, Budget)
- Insist on sourcing fundamentals, while continuing to support the existing business model of the brand. Sourcing fundamentals include supply chain agility, innovation, quality, sustainability, and competitiveness.
- Supplier Fundamentals, with priority focus on risk items (ECL, Social Audit, Quality Audit, Safety Audit)
Connecting the Local Teams to the L'Oréal Network to Accelerate the Growth
- Act as key contact for Development, Packaging, L’Oréal Plants and Marketing on new product launches
- Communication of business needs to the Purchasing category management teams
- Collaboration on topics from shared suppliers
- Inclusion of needs in category strategies
- Validate supplier capacities, identify potential risks, and recommend mitigation plan
- Present supplier award recommendation in line with global and local category strategies
- Provide Operational assistance to meet service level goal
Capitalize on opportunities to improve the Cost to Source
- Initiate and lead profitability improvement projects through negotiation and new project execution to meet annual goals
- Prepare and participate in cost of goods analysis meetings with senior management
- Define standard budget costs consistent with Cost Estimates & Standard Setting guidelines
- Use cost and market leverages to deliver quick wins (shared suppliers, known technologies)
- Maintain component and finished good index and standard pricing in multiple interfaces
- Prepare RFQ, analyze supplier cost breakdowns, using internal and external benchmarks
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering/Finance/Business/Supply Chain or similar discipline
- 4+ years purchasing experience required
- Must have a high degree of financial and analytical aptitude
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within L’Oréal and the supplier community
- Available for traveling domestic and international
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, work environment and multi-cultural organization
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.