Job Title: Senior Process Engineer / Expert
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Reports To: Manager, Process Expert
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
The Sr Process Engineer works in the Quality Assurance department. The primary responsibility is to provide processing expertise to the UP’s in developing the manufacturing procedures by which the formulation are produced
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the listing below:
- Leading technically complex projects involving process improvement initiatives, product and process changes to drive efficiency, technology transfer projects, and capacity expansion at site
- Troubleshooting, investigate complex & technically challenge manufacturing deviations and Out of Specification issues on bulk formulas and drive them towards the closure with sustainable solutions
- Technical lead and support Processing/Engineering in purchase and validation for new Processing Equipment including execution of process risk assessments, and continued process verification on new equipment
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and build positive work relationships with all levels of the company to bring new launches and improvements efficiently
- Work with RDP, Pilot labs (US and France) to develop SPs
- Enter and/or check off BOM of formulation in SAP
- Write manufacturing procedures in Mode OP based on the SP/SP received from RDP or Pilot plants
- Electronically signoff on the new manufacturing procedures (MFP) or any procedure modification by the ETNSH&E and the UP
- Get stability of any new formulation produced by a new SP or a procedure that is new to the plant
- Validate the MFP of the first three production batches send the results of the validation to the pilot
- If the officialization is marked yes for sending first production samples submit them to R&I on each shade of a new formula;
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements
- Send first production samples to Product Development for approval
- Write Performance Qualification protocols for OTC validation of any formula that is making an active ingredient claim. Reviews protocols from UPs for Installation Qualification and Operational Qualification for equipment validation
- Ensure GMP compliance of Processing/PW by performing routine audits
- Ensure FDA compliance of Process Expert related activities (validation of storage, validation of equipment, etc.)
- Write correction procedures for bulks that are authorized in the SP or Officialization to correct an out of specification issue
- Hold monthly right the first time meetings with the UP’s
- Provide CIQ with potential processing information for development of new or referenced SP’s
- Work with the UP’s to reduce batch time and make process improvements;
- Coordinate with Hygiene the sanitizing and cleaning validation on processing systems where water based formulas are manufactured;
- Modify MFP’s to improve out of specification batches or improve production;
- Track new products;
- Other related duties as required.
- Actively engaged in safety initiatives in the plant.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. 4-year college degree in Engineering or other Business related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with processing equipment, managing complex and technical aspects of full scale manufacturing procedures
- Preferred to have experience working on cosmetics/skincare technology and OTC.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed;
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hairnets, gloves and steel-toed shoes.
Competencies Technical / Professional Required:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in managing & delivering creative solutions to complex issue and driving the needle in business
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Results oriented. Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions; & requires minimal supervision
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact & communicate (oral/writing) effectively – both internally and externally;
What’s In It For You:
- (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.Youtube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube Video