Do you like generating consumer testing plans, and conducting qualitative and quantitative consumer studies?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As a Senior Research Scientist II - within Research & Innovation - Product Performance Evaluation – Consumer Science, this position requires an experienced qualitative and quantitative researcher, possessing strategic thinking, excellent analytical and collaboration skills with a passion for consumer centricity, which will be responsible for leading studies for the L’Oreal US Skin product categories
- Independently, with minimal supervision, lead the definition of Consumer testing plans to generate the appropriate knowledge to link key business strategies to performance measures.
- Partner with Skin Category Lead and Product Performance Manager, initiate, develop, execute and analyze Qualitative and Quantitative consumer studies, and make actionable recommendations that impact product development for future launches and meet business strategies.
- Identify and implement new, forward thinking evaluation techniques and methodologies for the future of consumer evaluation.
- Produce and support team members in creating succinct reports highlighting key insights that can be translated into compelling actionable recommendations.
- Identify, maintain and grow a network of External vendors, looking for innovative approaches so consumer testing can be executed with the highest quality standard.
- Utilize the existing digital tools, such as online communities, influence panels, etc, to identify and/or complement study results for an enhanced research learning.
- Lead within cross functional teams; collaborate with the team to seamlessly integrate and extract qualitative insights with quantitative findings
- Collaborate with Sensory, Instrumental and Expert teams to help integrate the output of these sciences into the consumer learnings. Work with consumers, sensory/consumer scientists, formulators, and Global Prioritize project workload with R&I team
- 7+ years of relevant experience in qualitative and quantitative product testing, including design, execution, analysis and reporting. Candidates with advanced degrees and less experience will be considered. Experience in the Cosmetic industry a plus
- BS, with educational background in Market Research, Psychology, Sensory Science, Integrated Innovation, Statistics, Behavioral Science or related field.
- A track record of successfully managing and delivering on complex research projects (hybrid testing, benchmarking, IHUT + Concept test, Design Thinking, etc
- Experience (min 1yr) in mentoring/training/coaching junior team members on technical expertise
- Experience working in global/international scope, partnering with international stakeholder
- Shown effort in staying connected in industry and state of the art methodologies (external trainings, conferences, publications, etc)
- The ability to translate consumer insights into actionable recommendations to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction a must.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times
- Methodological mindset to test new ideas and work towards valid results.
- Proven ability to manage external suppliers and ensure top value and performance for organization
- Experience in product category a plus
- Experience with management of online communication a plus
- Experience with innovative and creative methodologies and consumer centric approaches a plus.
- Designed and led ethnographic research a plus
- Initiative in driving progress on key platforms (task force), show value add beyond execution and meaningful milestones achieved
- Category expertise and able to build knowledge across multiple projects
- Flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds. Able to effectively translate and present results and insights to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level
- An adaptable leadership style with a high sense of curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answers.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data entry and statistical software programs (a plus)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.