This position is an exciting opportunity for a scientist to join a new team. We are looking for an individual passionate about cosmetics, scientific research and is driven to deliver strong innovations. The Sr. Scientist is responsible to identify and develop innovative technologies for Face Makeup & Hybrids applications with clear consumer perceivable benefits. This team member has to maintain close awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology and marketing trends required to perform innovative product development in an efficient manner. Lastly, interact and collaborate with various groups within R&I globally for new product development, product concept testing, and smooth transition of the technology to the development lab.
- Identifies key raw materials and technologies that allow to deliver on the project objectives, is a key contributor to deliver results
- Designs sustainable face makeup formulas to meet the project objectives, monitors their stability and quality, and fully explores the potential consumer perceivable benefits both in vitro and in vivo
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of cosmetic formulation to be able to anticipate challenges and generate a strategic plan to deliver results
- Establishes the technical paths and milestones to meet objectives and proposes recommendations to the Project Leader to prioritize them on the overall project planning
- Works closely with project leader and project manager to ensure proper communication of key decision points, blocking points and delays to management and support teams
- Puts in place a patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented
- Independently prepares regular progress reports providing a clear overview of project status to senior management and colleagues
- Maintains a detailed and legible laboratory notebook and a safe and organized laboratory environment
- Maintains good knowledge of competitors’ products and patents and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends
- Works closely with the development lab to ensure a smooth transition of new products and technologies
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Surface and Colloid Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Physical Chemistry, with 1-2 years postdoc or work experience and experience in emulsion formulation
- Knowledge of film formers, emulsion, adhesion and materials characterization
- Experience with instrumentations such as DSC, DMA, TGA, Rheometer, FTIR, SEM is a plus
- Experience in paint coating industry is also a plus
- Be able to work under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently to drive the project forward with high efficiency
- Creative and self-motivated to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Foreign language skills is a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.