"Do you like working in Advanced Research team, engage with global raw material suppliers, and contribute to innovation and new products development?”
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of our Advanced Research team, DIMP (Direction Internationale des Matières Premières), also known as our International Raw Materials Department, works with global teams and suppliers to lead matters pertaining to raw materials used in L’Oréal formulations, supports business development and acquisition integration by valuing and continuously improving the L’Oreal portfolio of raw materials, and ensures the sustainability and security of product launches to contribute to the L’Oreal for the Future objective.
L’Oreal USA is currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior Scientist II, Raw Materials Scouting to join our Advanced Research department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility.
You Will . . .
- Lead as technical key account manager with key America-based suppliers to introduce new technology to Research and Development labs.
- Manage collaborative projects between suppliers and US laboratories to support concepts development and product launches.
- Serve as a technical expert to US laboratories in matters pertaining to raw materials.
- Support and develop the business, by valorizing and continuously improving the L’Oréal portfolio of raw materials.
- Collaborate with global team to ensure the sustainability and security in use of raw materials
- Scout and Identify Innovative Raw Materials/Technologies and potential suppliers for all cosmetic field applications.
- Work with the International Hub Manager and Operation team to define global supplier’s strategy for the responsible techno category.
- Serve as a technical expert of the responsible techno category to the local R&D team; this includes technical understanding as well as basic regulatory, safety, and industry related issues.
- Foster relations with key suppliers, and act as key technical L’Oreal contact to regional suppliers
- Introduce novel raw materials to all Research labs within L’Oreal, and support the development and coding of these raw materials by interfacing with the suppliers, labs, and support functions.
- Management of collaboration projects with suppliers to support US laboratories’ project needs by clearly define technical objectives, and evaluation methods, and effectively manage project deliverable and timeline.
- Leads the securing of specific raw materials or identifying alternative for raw materials in crisis, by coordinating activities of the lab, Purchasing, Quality, and DIMP, providing regular proper communications summarizing the activities, and making suggestions for next steps.
- Management of technical data in order to ensure data compliance with chemical and cosmetic regulations.
- Management of the team that is responsible for promoting and valorizing raw materials to US lab, by suggesting alternative raw materials to laboratories based upon technical, regulatory, and safety knowledge of raw materials, as well as hosting technical workshops.
- Approximately 5% travel
You Have . . .
- M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or biochemistry, plus a minimum of 5 yrs experience preferably in the personal care/cosmetics or household/home care markets
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Good attention to detail and quality of work
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with the labs and various support groups, both domestic and internationally, in coordinating activities linked to supporting raw materials
- Experience in people management a plus
- Knowledge of French a plus
You Are . . .
- Contributor who must interact frequently with suppliers on an independent basis to obtain documentation
- Authorized to work on the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAcco[email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.