Do you like developing novel lip products, and developing in-depth knowledge of cosmetic formulation spaces?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join a dynamic team. Desire a teammate that is passionate about cosmetics, scientific exploration and has a deep drive to deliver strong innovation. Key responsibilities are to identify and develop innovative technologies for Lip make-up applications with clear consumer perceivable benefits. Work in a team-oriented environment to identify new technology with clear benefits and translate the technology into cosmetic products. Interact with various groups within R&I globally for new product development, product concept testing, and smooth transition of the technology to development lab. You Will . . .
- Develop novel Lip products with identified raw materials and technology by designing the formula around materials to fully explore the potential consumer perceivable benefits.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of cosmetic formulation spaces with a keen ability to anticipate challenges and generate a strategic plan to assess.
- Work closely with Innovative Raw Materials Department and suppliers to identify new raw materials and new technology with potential benefits for lip applications.
- Put in place a patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented.
- Work closely with application domain and development lab to ensure a smooth transition of new products and technologies.
- Independently prepare regular progress reports providing a clear overview of project status to senior management and colleagues at different geographic locations within the company.
- Work closely with project management office team to ensure proper communication of key decision points, blocking points and delays to management and support teams.
- Maintain good knowledge of competitor’s patent environments and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends.
You Have . . .
- A Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Surface and Colloid Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Physical Chemistry, with 1-2 years postdoc experience or work experience (Formulation experience is a plus). Or Bachelor or Master degree in materials science, polymer science, chemistry, physics with 5+ years of experience in the field of cosmetics formulations.
- A Knowledge of film formers, emulsion, adhesion and materials characterization is a plus. Experience with instrumentations such as DSC, DMA, TGA, Rheometer, FTIR, SEM is also a plus.
- Foreign language skills in French or Japanese is a plus.
You Are . . .
- Able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently and to drive the project forward with high efficiency.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis without legal sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.