Job Title Senior Short Term Planner, L'Oreal Research & Innovation
Location: Clark, NJ
Reports To: Director of Logistics, L'Oreal Research & Innovation
This position reports to the Director of Logistics within the Demi Grand of R&I Clark NJ. Overall responsibilities include handling the review process of all incoming customer demands and orders related to bulk production and raw material requirements. Responsible for statistical analysis to determine quantities of raw material purchases. Follows L’Oreal guidelines to assure purchases are aligned with approved commercial references and vendors. Assigns appropriate manufacturing equipment and batch sizing for production of requests to fit the technical family of products and to minimize the waste factor. Builds and implements reporting and dashboards for departmental KPIs, analyzes trends and suggests improvement to close gaps in area of responsibility. Analyzes work flows and implements automation improvements within logistics department. Actively contributes to safety and quality programs as defined in the Demi-Grand. Refer to principal accountabilities for more details.
- Review of all incoming demands from all customers (pre and firm requests) and process this accordingly in Demi Grand’s internal system.
- Responsible for the creation of bulk production work orders for internal manufacturing and creation of all required corresponding internal files and records.
- Review production demand and assign right equipment and batch size based on internal guidelines.
- Keep track of SDS information related to all requests and update internal system with the information.
- Respond to all customer inquiries by maintaining the department’s mailbox.
- Responsible of all internal and pilot batch requests, creation, and adjustments of BOM as needed
- Analyze needs for raw materials/preps with demand and/or stock below re-order points to determine a planned quantity for ordering, utilizing historical data and defined ABC supply policy. Perform frequent review of ABC analysis of SKUs to evaluate output, assess data and make updates
- Validate commercial references/vendors with the codebook versus internal applications. Maintain accurate links in DG software per raw material
- Create purchase orders, sample requests or batch requests in line with statistical analysis
- Review transportation charges for incoming/outgoing shipments to determine applicable charges. Provide chargeback coding to Corporate Transportation Dept.
- Review filling demands to ensure all requirements are met. Create internal records for each project. Identify and create internal codes for all non-stock component fills. Link new internal code to assigned work order.
- Work on procurement/Batch scheduling function to include but not limited to providing project status to the customers, develop short and mid-term schedules, execute allocation of materials to firm work orders/analyze conflicts
- Build and implement reporting and dashboards for DG logistics and DG’s KPIs
- Analyze trends based on KPIs and suggest sustainable improvements to close gaps in area of responsibility
- Analyze workflows and implement automation/digital solutions where needed
- Write, review, and update work instructions pertaining to area of responsibility
- Continuously review current workflow and look for solutions to standardize and improve the way we perform
- Participate in department projects to help strategize and innovate plans for a successful launch and implementation
- Actively contribute to safety, quality, and efficiency improvements in the area
- Secondary support for software related issues
- Other duties as assigned by Management of the area
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred in Business, supply management or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in Planning for manufacturing environment
- Well-developed knowledge of procurement, planning principles and practices
- Knowledge of cosmetic industry including manufacturing a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation form
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside of the Demi Grand department at different levels of organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as ability to manage priorities
- Creative problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Proficient in Power Bi, Business objects, advanced in Microsoft Excel to be able to build reports, macros, and KPI dashboards
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and continuous basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
- These responsibilities can also be linked to the smooth and accurate output of the Demi Grand services and scheduling.
- Operates under general supervision under Director of Logistics. Functions independently with objectives and goals clearly defined.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.