Senior Technician: New York Technical Center (CPD)
The New York Technical Center plays a crucial role in the approval of best-in-class Haircolor, Haircare and Styling products that are launched into the Consumer Mass Market. The Senior Technician position is responsible for assisting in the execution of technical testing of potential products and formulas styling across multiple brands within CPD. This role is critical to the success of CPD product performance and launches as well as maintain consumer trust and the L’Oreal brand.
- Leverage Haircolor, Haircare and Styling expertise to accurately test and evaluate potential formulations
- Perform live model applications and swatch testing to evaluate results as a comparison to formerly developed L’Oreal products, against competitive brands, or to identify new technological advances in product development.
- Execute testing and document results and report findings in line with L’Oreal procedures and best practices
- Work with CPD marketing teams to recommend new product ideas or potential changes to formulations or application methods based on métier expertise and knowledge of the consumer.
- Perform all functions within a salon environment to include application of products, shampooing, styling of hair, inventory updating, note taking, product weighing and ordering of product.
- Will be responsible for general up-keep of salon and other responsibilities as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Cosmetology license required with a minimum of 3+ years hair color experience.
- Knowledge of diverse hair types is strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to learn new methods and technologies.
- Presents a professional attitude and enjoys being in a salon environment.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to carry out directives, department procedures and protocols with supervision.
- Ability to accept change, be able to perform multiple tasks in a testing environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.