Responsible for the day to day scheduling of packaging lines and component and bulk delivers in order to ensure successful achievement and adherence to the monthly production plan..
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification preferred.
- 1 – 3 years planning experience and a working knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning, Capacity Planning, and Master Scheduling.
- Project management.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Prior experience in SAP a plus.
General Job Duties
- Works with master Planning and Logistics Planners to develop and validate an achievable plan based on available capacity, manning and expected delivery of required components and bulk.
- Directs the release of materials to insure uninterrupted supply while maintaining overall inventory to within prescribed limits.
- Accountable for managing and improving inventory levels and conducting and reconciling regular physical inventories to assue and maintain accurate system information.
- Interfaces with Supervisors, Logistics, Quality, Warehouse and Vendors to insure timely receipt and release of materials.
- Responsible for timely reporting of all inventory and production related metrics.
- Must be willing to work extended hours to meet monthly planning cycle deadlines.
- Performs other duties as necessary or required.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed SHE’s action level. Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas.
- Proper PPE is provided with and required to wear safety glasses, hair nets, uniform smock, steel-toed shoes (depending on specific department requirements.); must wear safety gloves.
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Plan component inventories and maintain planning parameters to manage the inventory investment within budgeted levels.
- Plan Maybelline and L’Oreal promotions to attain product availability due dates.
- Work with Maybelline and L’Oreal Division teams to achieve new product launch availability targets.
- Maintain accurate bills of materials.
- Manage excess/obsolete inventory in terms of liability projections to the Divisions and also to facilitate rapid disposition.
- Perform in a lead role in the planned transition of additional products from other L’Oreal USA plants.
- Communicate well verbally and in written formats while working in a liaison role between Production, Marketing, and Suppliers.
- May perform other duties and projects as required.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.