Professional Products Division
Location: Streetsboro, OH
Reports To: Credit Assistant Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity, and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professional, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Do:
Prompt cash flow is critical to our business. The main responsibility of the Credit Specialist is to ensure funds due to L’Oréal are received as expected. Our Credit Specialists analyze payment trends to determine what is causing delays by account and provide recommendations on how to improve them. If cash is not flowing appropriately, it is the Credit Specialist’s responsibility to understand why. To achieve this, the Specialist must be the expert on their accounts and be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external business partners to resolve any issues that may arise. This role is vital to our organization as the impact and risk associated by shipping with open terms, and collecting payment timely, is essential to L’Oréal’s cash flow.
Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Analyze shipment and payment flows, to review and release customer’s orders on credit hold.
- Manage customer’s credit limits and parameters, providing recommendations on next steps when financial situation changes, or based on business needs.
- Develops reporting as needed to evaluate customer’s credit exposure, and support requests for credit limit increases.
- Builds partnerships with both internal partners, Customer Service, Sales, Deductions, Treasury, DC and Finance teams, and with their accounts.
- Provides proactive information to Management when issues arise, by identifying the root cause and provide recommendations on an action plan to follow.
- Understands the account’s internal payment processes, in order to be able to prepare monthly cash forecasting, timely and accurately, alongside with analysis on drivers for payments made, or missed. Will also use this information to identify improvement opportunities in both, our internal processes, or the account’s behavior.
- Updates A/R system with status on past due invoices.
- Develops and executes process improvement projects related to the Credit area.
- Collaborate with IT, Transportation/Carriers, Sales and Customer Service when invoices have issues that prevents the account to pay on time, in order to understand root cause and drive an action plan to prevent future occurrences.
- Participates in the customer creation process with Information & Control and Sales departments, leading the credit related fields. Reviews credit applications, analyzes financial statements and reports, and provides recommendation to Management on payment terms and/or credit limits.
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience working independently (dependable and reliable self-starter)
- Excellent analytical skills, understanding and developing trends
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Strong communicational skills
- Operates with integrity and high ethical standards
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment that values collaboration efforts
- Flexibility to work occasional extended hours
- Ability to analyze large data sets and conduct root cause investigations
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Achieves results – pursues objectives with drive & stays proactive
- Experience questioning the status quo, thinks outside of the box, and can implement solutions independently
- Manages complexity and demonstrates entrepreneurship – takes initiative, makes decisions independently, and able to manage changing priorities
- Displays sensitivity to the L’Oréal Métier and demonstrates excellence – focuses on completing work accurately and with high quality
- College degree in Business or related discipline
- Experience or exposure to Credit or related field
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site because of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.