POSITION DESCRIPTION FORM
Position Title: Sr. Analyst, Tax/Payroll Accounting
Supervisor Title: Director, Tax/Payroll Accounting
Department/Location: Corporate Payroll, Berkeley Heights, NJ
- MAJOR FUNCTION
As a member of the Corporate Payroll Accounting and Tax Unit, this individual will be directly responsible for a variety of tasks in support of the department’s mission. This unit has three primary responsibilities. First, ensure all payroll transactions are accurately booked to our general ledger in a timely manner including providing detailed support for payroll expenses to the Financial Community. Second, ensure employment tax compliance including management of our vendor for accurate and timely completion of tax payments and returns. Third, payroll support including post pay cycle processing, audits and funding, fringe benefit and deduction administration and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Completion of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Deduction administration including pay cycle 401k validation and vendor system posting approval
- Post pay cycle processing
- Pulling of post payroll reports
- Completing post payroll audits
- Updating tracking spreadsheets
- Payroll support
- Administer the relocation process for payroll activity including payroll transaction input
- Severance and allowance tracking and processing
- Disability calculations
- Fringe benefit process
- Communication requirements to HR
- Collecting data
- Payroll system input
- Support payroll administrators in answering employee questions
- Support month end process including manual journal processing
- Track all tax “exception” activity including refunds, tax notices and amended return processing
- Complete compliance filings not supported by vendor including department of labor state headcount reports
- Assist with responses to the finance community for all payroll expense related inquiries
- Creation of departmental POs
- Track departmental operational and project expenses including providing detailed variance explanations to department head.
- DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree (Accounting preferred)
3-5+ years experience in a payroll / employment tax or other related environment.
Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required.
Knowledge of employment tax compliance issues including state and local withholding requirements.
Active employee population of approximately 12,000 across six active legal entities with activity in all 50 states. Over one billion dollars in posted personnel expenses. Multiple balance sheet account reconciliations with varying degrees of complexity.
Works under general supervision of Director, Tax/Payroll Accounting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.