Job Title Sr. Buyer- Direct Sourcing
Location: Clark, NJ- The Hub
Reports To: AVP, ACD Direct Sourcing
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for new launches, taking ownership of financials and developing the future brand strategy with cross-functional teams. You will optimize costs by improving the cost model through RFQs and knowledge of the supplier process, including identifying opportunities to lead and implement value analysis projects.
- Optimizes costs: Improve the cost model through RFQs and knowledge of supplier process. Identify opportunities. Lead and implement value analysis projects, apply and use TCO
- Anticipates business activity and acts proactively: Contribute to build, share, and apply the category strategy, using the category network.
- Supplier Management: Review supplier performance and provide details for corrective actions to be taken where necessary to both the suppliers and stakeholders. Promote Solidarity Sourcing as well as Sharing Beauty with All initiatives
- Creates value and innovates: Lead complex projects. Develop and recommend best options to secure business
- Negotiates with integrity: Use appropriate negotiation techniques and tools
- Evaluates and manages risks: Assess the business risks, develop business continuity plan, effectively communicate to the stakeholders
- Supports and manages stakeholders’ relationships: share best practices, communicate, manage projects, share suppliers’ information with stakeholders
- Respect and apply all sourcing procedures and policies
What We Are Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years experience in Sourcing or related area
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicates clearly in both oral and written forms
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- High proficiency in data analysis, Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of all sourcing tools. Ensure data quality. Demonstrate a clear understanding of financial process
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home) [*please keep only if applicable*]
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.