NYX Professional Makeup is selectively hiring an experienced Senior Graphic Designer (Print) to join our Global Creative team. This individual is creative, proactive, and efficient. The ideal applicant possesses in-depth knowledge of graphic design, typography, digital design and layout techniques across all touch-points; production, social assets, print goods, packaging and beyond. They will collaborate directly with the Creative Director to conceptualize and execute clever and inventive designs across all global marketing.
- Work with the AVP of Creative to create seasonal global design concepts for use each season, including photography styling, logo lockups, type treatments, patterns, illustrated elements, etc. Develop seasonal graphic standards and advise design team on proper usage
- Work with the AVP of Creative to concept ideas for hero product photography & model campaigns
- Requires a strong proficiency in file preparation and delivery for multiple mediums. A developed understanding of printing, digital/offset, specialty treatments and materials is required in order to design with the most creative possibilities in mind.
- Bring graphic, design and concept inspiration, and up-to-date on technical knowledge and design trends.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- This design position requires someone with a design background who can handle the truly creative aspects of projects, rather than just layout. Illustration, type design (hand/digital), and strong concepting skills necessary. Excellent sense of typography and color
- Passion for design in daily life. Watches trends, reads relevant blogs and design sites, well informed of new features in Adobe CS, etc.
- Experience designing in a commercial capacity. A Senior Graphic Designer should be able to walk the line between art and commerce: Design creative pieces that reinforce the brand image while also communicating clearly and driving sales
- Superior layout skills
- Print production experience is extremely helpful, including press checks, knowledge of specialty treatments, and mediums
- Experience designing for a variety of mediums (print /web)
- Communicates well with creative team members at all levels, from the chief creative officer to a production designer. Collaborates well with copywriters, production team, etc
- Attention to detail. Submits work that is free of errors. Delivers flawless final files. Good archiving habits
- Must be able to manage time and multi-task