Senior Engineer- Packaging
As a Senior Packaging Engineer, you will be learning and using technical and soft skills to enable you to effectively support a packaging category or brand. You will be part of a team, participating in the teams vision, métier and personal goals.
You will be learning and beginning to communicate packaging’s position, to multiple audiences, both internally and externally. Gaining knowledge about the specific brand or category that you support, beginning to use your packaging knowledge to bring a technical position and solutions to the brands you support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to contribute to the teams vision.
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Learning and beginning to apply design to conception and design to cost
- Participate in supplier selection from a technical and overall business position
- Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
- Participating in the process of managing new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
- Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
- Understand and learning how to push Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Learning and applying ability to anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
- Learning and becoming proficient in our systems related to packaging specifications, artwork and testing
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
- Participate in the execution of sustainability initiatives
- Support in the execution of value analysis initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1-3 years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.