Senior Packaging Engineer, Innovation
As a Senior Packaging Innovation Engineer, you will be learning and using technical and soft skills to enable you to effectively support new packaging innovations. Your balance of creativity and execution will fuel our roadmap to drive new product development.
The mission is to successfully create innovative products that deliver an emotionally charged experience, the best product performance, and increase L’Oreal business.
Bring an expertise in the packaging and product development field, to be able to offer a strong, viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the partners we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to contribute to the team’s vision.
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Learning and beginning to apply design to conception and design to cost
- Participate in supplier selection from a technical and overall business position
- Define, engineer and optimize innovation conceptions
- Fully own the technical transfer process and all kay milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time innovation Proof Of Performance and technical transfer handoff
- Learning and applying ability to anticipate and elevate blocking points to meet deadlines for launch and Pipe projects
- Learning and becoming proficient in our systems related to packaging innovation
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Drive innovation solutions to consumer experience, sustainability, and product performance
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 3-4 years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.