POSITION TITLE: Packaging Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Packaging Americas
To engineer quality and cost effective packages while respecting the L’Oreal Conception Process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Identify viable packaging options and alternatives
- Define and engineer technical conceptions according to L’Oreal standards
- Optimize and harmonize technical conceptions
- Ownership of existing and future technical conceptions; inclusive but not limited to data, plant optimization, consumer complaints, support of quality issues, etc.
- Management of new tooling development and validation
- Influence supplier selection in support of the Americas
- Engineer technical conceptions to cost
- Support and drive value analysis initiatives
- Support and drive packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities to completion
- Responsible for 1st AC reception quality in the plant
- Fully own specifications (AC & PF)
- Analyze and approve technical drawings through tolerancing and stackup evaluations on critical assemblies
- Evaluate risks and develop clear mitigation plans
- Fully own technical milestones in project timelines; ensuring on-time homologation (validation) date
- Drive sustainability initiatives
- Define appropriate testing plan and analyze / interpret results
- Troubleshoot technical issues (supplier, plant, distribution, quality, etc.)
- Tailor communication based on audience; share and escalate roadblocks cross-functionally
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends in packaging technology, inclusive but not limited to personal care products
- Up to 25% travel to suppliers and plants
- Enter key performance indicators related to the function
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years packaging experience
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information
- Desired skills and expertise:
- Understand mold functionalities, molding processes, finishing techniques, etc.
- Understand plant and contract manufacturing capabilities
- Basic knowledge and use of statistics (i.e. Cp, CpK)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.